The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/t: Wrx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8137)

ALsvx 01-13-2003 06:20 AM

O/t: Wrx

Questions:

1. Does Subaru sell a WRX coupe in the US?
2. When will the WRX have a new body style (I heard 2006?)?

Bill

benebob 01-13-2003 06:27 AM

WRX Coupe

1. Does Subie sell a WRX coupe- NO I don't think they sell one anywhere anymore in fact. In reality the coupe is a heavier car then the sedan and about the same as the wagon which is the case with all coupes built on a sedan platform.

2. Redesign? Not a clue.

Mr. Pockets 01-13-2003 10:25 AM

1. Bob is correct - there is no Impreza coupe any more.

2. I don't know when the Impreza line will be redesigned totally and a new generation put on sale, but 2004 MY Imprezas get a facelift. No more bug-eye headlights, projector lamp driving lights instead of big reflectors, etc...

I saw the new Imprezas at the North American International Auto Show this weekend. They look much better, in my opinion.

CigarJohnny 01-13-2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
1. Bob is correct - there is no Impreza coupe any more.

2. I don't know when the Impreza line will be redesigned totally and a new generation put on sale, but 2004 MY Imprezas get a facelift. No more bug-eye headlights, projector lamp driving lights instead of big reflectors, etc...

I saw the new Imprezas at the North American International Auto Show this weekend. They look much better, in my opinion.

Anyone have a link to a pic of the new frontend?

nubs 01-13-2003 02:57 PM

Here is a link for another thead on this topic. there you will find the link.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=7994

Landshark 01-13-2003 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a pic of the new STi - WRX may have a different wing and wheels but you get the idea. coming first quarter this year. i need to hit the Powerball....:rolleyes:

LarryIII 01-13-2003 05:26 PM

Landshark,

Don't let Randy see the YELLOW wheels.

Landshark 01-13-2003 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Landshark,

Don't let Randy see the YELLOW wheels.

i'll agree with Randy on that - those are ugly. if i had the money to get one, i'd try to get the dealer to put some other wheels on (B4 ones are nice :) )

Phil Hill 01-14-2003 12:31 AM

two Scoops.......

Hmmm, I'm still not too sure about the hood scoop though, it's much bigger than before. I have checked them out at the Motorshow and the Autosport show here in UK and you could loose small children in there !! But at least those cosmetic side vents have gone now.

Uncamitzi 01-14-2003 09:13 AM

Power Ball?

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
here's a pic of the new STi - WRX may have a different wing and wheels but you get the idea. coming first quarter this year. i need to hit the Powerball....:rolleyes:
Maybe it's just because I'm old (er) but , that's ugly... From the rice inspired wing to the headlight configuration..... and everything inbetween... If I hit the power ball..(I guess again, this will be hard as I live in Utah) I would buy up as many SVX's as I could just to keep me comfortable. I'll leave the ricers to you young guys and gals.....

:rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 01-14-2003 09:28 AM

Re: two Scoops.......

Quote:

Originally posted by Phil Hill
Hmmm, I'm still not too sure about the hood scoop though, it's much bigger than before. I have checked them out at the Motorshow and the Autosport show here in UK and you could loose small children in there !! But at least those cosmetic side vents have gone now.
You're right - the hood scoop is huge. You really don't understand until you see one in person. I ran out of film, so I had my friend take a profile shot of the scoop. When he gets around to grabbing the photos off the camera, I'll post them here.

Landshark 01-14-2003 05:03 PM

i don't dig the shopping cart wing, either - i'd rather have the current WRX "low profile" wing. the big scoop directs air to the big intercooler, though, so it has a purpose at least.

WestCoastSVX 01-14-2003 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
I've already seen at least one WRX running around with this wing. I was at the wrong angle in traffic so I didn't see the front end to know what MY it was. Maybe it was a factory option though, or maybe an AM one that looks IDENTICAL to this.

Here in the Seattle area, a BIG Subaru market (they're everywhere), we generally see new Subies on the road when they are just being hyped up by the rest of you guys. Don't know in this case though. :confused:

Mr. Pockets 01-15-2003 02:23 PM

Re: Re: two Scoops.......

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

You're right - the hood scoop is huge. You really don't understand until you see one in person. I ran out of film, so I had my friend take a profile shot of the scoop. When he gets around to grabbing the photos off the camera, I'll post them here.

As promised...

$VX 01-16-2003 09:17 AM

This thread does not pertain to hte SVX. All of you should be ashamed. Please lock this thread.:rolleyes: Lord knows we cannot have ANYTHING off topic here, the sky will fall!

- Ca$h