The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finally have an SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48631)

Ricter 01-14-2009 03:03 PM

Finally have an SVX

I've been trolling here for ages, though I've been posting on NASIOC since '02 when I got my first WRX.

I've been looking for the right SVX as a second car for the last few years, and the perfect one finally popped up. I bought it about a month ago for $1,500. So far I love it. It's my fourth subaru and first SVX.

Here's a picture from a local subie meet I took it to this past weekend:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...u/P1060072.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...u/DSCN2080.jpg

It's a '92 Touring. AWD, and every bell and whistle it could come with. Believe it or not everything works even at 140,000 miles.

evilsvx 01-14-2009 03:06 PM

Re: Finally have an SVX

nice car. welcome

TomsSVX 01-14-2009 03:32 PM

VERY NICE!!! Looks almost new. Has it been repainted?? And welcome to the site

Tom

Sean486 01-14-2009 03:41 PM

You got a hell of a good deal. Nice rims too.

Freeman 01-14-2009 03:41 PM

Welcome!!! It's always to have more Subaru enthusiasts with us..

Although I'm jealous.. Four cars AND you get to go to Subaru meets? Not fair...

Wikedjuggalo 01-14-2009 03:56 PM

Welcome! Glad to see another NC owner :D.. What meet was that? (I am curious as I havent seen many meets in NC)

bheinen74 01-14-2009 03:59 PM

that price was a steal.

Black88GTA 01-14-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bheinen74 (Post 582263)
that price was a steal.

Agreed. I paid 2/3 that for one with a blown trans and rust issues.

Ricter 01-14-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 582250)
VERY NICE!!! Looks almost new. Has it been repainted?? And welcome to the site

Tom

No repaint, just spent most of its life in a garage. I'm the third owner and it came with a 5 inch think pile of records.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 582254)
You got a hell of a good deal. Nice rims too.

The rims didn't come with it. I had them mounted on my 05 WRX, and they just happened to be dual drilled for 100/114.3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 582255)
Welcome!!! It's always to have more Subaru enthusiasts with us..

Although I'm jealous.. Four cars AND you get to go to Subaru meets? Not fair...

Don't be too jealous, I don't all own four at the same time. Just two.
The 05 WRX wagon to haul the family in and the SVX for fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 582259)
Welcome! Glad to see another NC owner :D.. What meet was that? (I am curious as I havent seen many meets in NC)

Turbotime meet in Raleigh, NC. It's a pretty active area for the Subaru enthusiast. Check the SEsubforum on NASIOC for info on meets and install days.

intellibomb 01-14-2009 04:49 PM

hang on to that one,

it looks immaculate...

killer deal!

congrats and welcome!

Ricter 01-14-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intellibomb (Post 582273)
hang on to that one,

it looks immaculate...

killer deal!

congrats and welcome!

Thanks.

Just to be clear, this car is far from perfect. I've got a list of things as long as my arm to do with. Luckily little of those are major things though.
The car is mechanically sound, though it does need valve cover gaskets, a new power steering pump, and the radiator is leaking from a split in the plastic around the upper hose.
The suspension needs a bit of help. The interior is nice, but the faded suede needs to be dealt with, and it'll probably never recover from the original owner smoking in it.

It does however have new cv joints and the trans was replaced at 94k. We'll see how much longer it lasts before I need to swap a manual into it.

My intent is to spend the next year or so just fixing minor little things without having to dump too much, then later diving into it head (and wallet) first.

SVX92-97 01-14-2009 05:41 PM

Nice, one of the nicest looking Tealies Ive seen. Best of Luck it with it, and hang onto your wallet.:lol:

Ownbot 01-14-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricter (Post 582277)
Thanks.

Just to be clear, this car is far from perfect. I've got a list of things as long as my arm to do with. Luckily little of those are major things though.
The car is mechanically sound, though it does need valve cover gaskets, a new power steering pump, and the radiator is leaking from a split in the plastic around the upper hose.
The suspension needs a bit of help. The interior is nice, but the faded suede needs to be dealt with, and it'll probably never recover from the original owner smoking in it.

It does however have new cv joints and the trans was replaced at 94k. We'll see how much longer it lasts before I need to swap a manual into it.

My intent is to spend the next year or so just fixing minor little things without having to dump too much, then later diving into it head (and wallet) first.

Yea but still I prolly would have paid over twice that. You are lucky:)

odepaj 01-14-2009 06:32 PM

That is deffinetly a nice looking tealie! And a steal at that price!

Congrats on the purchase and hope you have alot of fun with it!

Dustin

dcarrb 01-15-2009 06:14 AM

Wow, I agree with everyone that you apparently got quite a deal. That's a pretty car.

Knowing how much I've dumped into mine and how much more they really need, it's rather disheartening to know that a good "new" SVX can be had so cheaply.

dcb