The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   OFFICIAL 2005 Western Regional Meet Planning Thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19466)

Uncamitzi 06-22-2004 04:21 PM

OFFICIAL 2005 Western Regional Meet Planning Thread

OK! here we go! I learned a lot from this meet (don't eat at Tony Roma’s)... and, I think with a little help from the talent base up there in the Northwest, the enthusiasm of the folks in the California area and the growing participation in the Intermountain Area we can put something together that will (or could) rival the annual meeting in Reading!!!

Some ideas on location were thrown out at the RENO meet.

This is not to be confused with the West Coast meet being planned in the Sand Dune thread!!

As of yet we haven't decided on a date....
or a location... or a leader...

Thanks to Michele for all of your work and effort on the Reno 2004 meet!!! I had a great time! but I will follow up with that in the "official post meet thread"

Some of the ideas were tossed up ....er... out this weekend were...

Wendover (Bonneville Salt flats) during Speed week in early October
Las Vegas.... (in June... May.....)
Salt Lake City (I didn't suggest that one)
Reno again...?

The Idea of the Western Regional meet was a Central Location so that it was fair for the participants to drive to. So...

It is open for discussion and lets be nice …. Civil…. And respectful of our elders…(or your elders, as the case may be….

HighwayUFO 06-23-2004 01:03 PM

IMO, Sand Dunes 2005 sounds like it will be a good time, but I have one question. If the goal of holding a meet is to get people from all over, then why are you planning the meet near the biggest concentraion of SVX owners. To me, the whole basis of this meet almost sounds like it will be catering towards those located in or very near to the Pacific time zone.

I would like to see some real progress as to where the "Next Big Thing" will be held. If anything else, Give Sand Dunes 2005 a chance. If it flops, we can find a better location. Just my two penny's.

Keith

AWD OWNZ U 06-23-2004 01:09 PM

http://www.seccs.org
http://www.flat4lv.com

Both would probably to be happy to help with planning in their respective locales. :)

Chiketkd 06-23-2004 01:24 PM

Welcome to the site! Did you come over here from NASIOC?

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by AWD OWNZ U
http://www.seccs.org
http://www.flat4lv.com

Both would probably to be happy to help with planning in their respective locales. :)

AWD OWNZ U 06-23-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Welcome to the site! Did you come over here from NASIOC?

-Chike

Yup. I found the site a while ago when I was looking at SVXs but never signed up. When someone mentioned a meet in Reno I signed up. :)

nordique14 06-23-2004 02:23 PM

Hey JC,

If you would have looked out your window on Saturday, you would have seen about 10 SVXs heading north on 395 through Carson City back to Reno!

Matt

AWD OWNZ U 06-23-2004 02:25 PM

I called Michelle and told her to call me back to tell me where you were so me and some guys could meet up, she failed to do so. You guys probably drove right past my house. :)

Mr. Pockets 06-23-2004 08:33 PM

I split the thread, taking out the parts that did not pertain to Mitch's planned meet.

Game on. :)

MNYPNNY 06-24-2004 12:13 AM

My bad not calling him back.... s happens... was too concentrated on getting those we had together...... next time will be better I promise!

Uncamitzi 06-24-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I split the thread, taking out the parts that did not pertain to Mitch's planned meet.

Game on. :)

As I pm'd you... put it back!!!! There is or was nothing wrong with the direction the thread was heading!!! NOBODY was out of line... I just said that I didn't want it to get that way... All the backstage PM's between me and Troy were civil discussions...I think that a healthy discussion on which meet is which and why we have meets is fine...

We can have a meet every weekend and will have some of us diehards show up... the "argument" was in a name.... A rose can smell as sweet by another name.... I planned on going to the SANDDUNE meet... and now I can't find that post either....

THE READING Thread has a lot more in it than just sHtuf about the READING MEET....

TROY... I don't want to take anything away from the SANDDUNE MEET... And I don't mind talking about it here... We will talk... You have had some great ideas and have put together a great region up there in the northwest and you have had a lot of help.. we are a little slower here in the INTERMOUNTAIN REGION... But with your help and if the Mods can refrain from needless censorship... we can follow your lead.

Yes.. I'm a little mad at the mods right now... I think that they are meddling too much... Just talk to someone before you censor things… or I’m out … I hate needless censorship.. and that was what happened with this thread…

not only that ... but they screwed up my post count :mad: :mad:

ensteele 06-24-2004 01:00 AM

Troy asked to split the thread and it was done. Sorry if you didn't really want it done. It wasn't me, but just what I observed.

Now - how about that MEET! :D

This is one thing that has not been a problem in the past - too many meets. This is great!!! :) Some of us may go crazy going to meets, but boy will we have fun! ;) :)

manofmayo 06-24-2004 01:16 AM

The mods didn't delete the Sand Dunes thread. I deleted it.

Too many threads with conflicting information on the meet. We want one location for to dispense SND.DNS.2005 information.

Uncamitzi 06-24-2004 10:54 AM

So ... I guess we can get back on track here

so to speak....

RENO again?

Las Vegas.... if so what time of year... remember 100 plus standing around looking at our cars can be a little uncomfortable

Wendover (Salt Flats).... October is speed week I think... and that would give us over a year to plan...

Salt Lake.. :rolleyes:

Park City Utah...
Aspen Colo?
some other ski resort in the summer ??

or ... should we just bag the idea and go to the coast with Troy Earl, and Manofmayo???:D :D ;)

MNYPNNY 06-26-2004 03:35 PM

This body cannot attend anything that's more than 900 miles away if the festivities are being held over a weekend. This is because the other half (and most likely myself as well) is unable to take more than 6 consecutive days off. Simply does not give enough time to drive to far distant locales. I guess you all can decide and I'll help however I can and make it if possible.

MNYPNNY 06-26-2004 03:47 PM

BTW......

The approximate geographic center of the western 1/3 of the US, using Denver, CO (or Wyoming's eastern state line) as the farthest point east, is Wendover, Nevada...... home to the Bonneville Speedway (salt flats), or possibly Elko, Nevada (what goes on there?).

Just thought it was interesting info.

(Mitch, have you found any backwards nickels lately?)