The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New SVX rumors resurface (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3721)

RRX 04-18-2002 12:42 PM

New SVX rumors resurface

Peep this quote from http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_index.php?cp=1 hopefully its true, I hope it will more HP

"Monday 15th April 2002

Subaru Puts On The Style

Style is set to become top priority at Subaru. The company is starting work on a secret new coupé inspired by its classic SVX... and designed by the man who penned the Alfa Romeo 147.

Powered by an evolution of the six-cylinder 3.0-litre boxer engine that made its debut in the Legacy Outback, the new car is expected to provide an alluring combination of design and technology when it goes on sale in two years' time.

Delivering at least 250bhp, the newcomer will be jointly developed by Subaru and the company's tuning department, STi. The car will offer all-wheel drive as well as a five-speed automatic gearbox to complement its luxurious character. To ensure the coupé's looks appeal to European tastes, Subaru employed Greek designer Andreas Zapatinas, who has styled some of the world's most desirable cars, including the Alfa 147. Insiders suggest Subaru decided to use a European designer after it came in for criticism about the bug-eyed appearance of its Impreza WRX.

Comments: 1 Article from: Auto Express"

Mr. Pockets 04-18-2002 01:02 PM

How many times have we seen almost the exact same article? I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, though. :)

Seraph 04-18-2002 01:03 PM

FHI/Subaru can bing out what ever they wnat so long as they don't call it SVX.

Lwin

Mr. Pockets 04-18-2002 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
FHI/Subaru can bing out what ever they wnat so long as they don't call it SVX.

Lwin

Boy, do I ever agree with that. Well said. In order to call it the SVX, it better be at a relatively similar level of technology, have a similar (or comparative) list of features and be hand-built. If it's a dressed-up Impreza coupe, as has also been suggested, it better be called something else. <grrr>

BradT 04-18-2002 01:17 PM

The one thing that is a fact is that FHI did indeed hire Zapatinas as its new head of design. It was announced a couple of weeks ago, and the story appeared in various trade publications.

So, you never know ....

Aredubjay 04-18-2002 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BradT
The one thing that is a fact is that FHI did indeed hire Zapatinas as its new head of design. It was announced a couple of weeks ago, and the story appeared in various trade publications.

So, you never know ....

Well, I guess Giugiaro didn't do a good enough job, huh?:rolleyes:

phoenix96 04-18-2002 01:58 PM

Do you think Fuji would be able to hire Giugario even if they wanted to? They'd have to contract out ItalDesign.

I_Alcyone_I 04-18-2002 02:05 PM

I hope they arent talking about the Baja, that thing looks horrible. What were they thinking when they developed that?

srmifer 04-18-2002 03:03 PM

if they ever do come out with a new 'svx,' i believe there should be some perks for us current owners. think of all the money most of us (save for a select few :p ) have had to put into this car...it's like a living financial hell sometimes! ya know...i think we should be able to like drive down to the dealer, pick out the new one we want, show them we have an 'old school' svx, and they go 'here you go sir/ma'am.' they hand us the keys, give us the title, throw in a subaru reman tranny as a parting gift, and send us on our way...then having the new car complimentary towed to our house b/c we all know which one we'd rather drive anyways ;) then from the confines of our humble abode, you put your 'new' svx up on EBAY!! sell that puppy for at least 28k, and put that money in a 'oh no, my svx is broken again' checking account...that's worth a couple trannies and bearings :D maybe you could even spare enough to get the car's fuel gauge to work correctly...but you know...where's the fun in that! and for you dreamers out there...the quarter mile calls your name...

*smack!!*
man, if only everyone could see the world the way i do... :D

Aredubjay 04-18-2002 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by phoenix96
Do you think Fuji would be able to hire Giugario even if they wanted to? They'd have to contract out ItalDesign.
Which is what they did the first time. They contracted Italdesign, but, Giugiaro supervised the design himself. Italdesign has been around since 1968.