The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ricy Blinking Lights! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13570)

tuzem 10-04-2003 07:35 PM

Ricy Blinking Lights!

Hi guys!

I just put come blue LED flashers in my stock grille and they look cool! The only problem I have is that they stay ON all the time! I may look like a cop car driving down at night :D

Where in the world can I get a 12V input (that's to stop the lights) ONLY when I start the car. The manual said "hook the wire up to your ignition switch..." That's inside of the car and I don't want to deal with the wires. Any ideas? PLEASE HELP!

-Nick

marlettpat 10-04-2003 09:58 PM

you can do this by hooking it to a switch, then running it into ur fuse box to s0omeything like ur radio. that was u can have it on or off anytime and u wont get pulled over which is always a plus
Pat

Seraph 10-05-2003 01:27 AM

YOu don't want any blue or red lights at the front of your car. If you get pulled over with those, you can get into a ton of trouble.

L

Like Pat said, get a switch

tuzem 10-05-2003 04:12 AM

Hi guys!

I fugured it out -- I attached the 3-rd controlling wire to the headlight relay in the engine bay fuse box. One of the connectors get's power ONLY when the ignition is switched on. It's so awesome hehe :D I've turned a bunch of heads today.
Seraph, I don't think I will get in trouble if the lights are blinking when the car is parked. I'll let you know if get in trouble. Thanks for your input guys!

-Nick

TCamusJr 10-05-2003 12:19 PM

Why do people do things that they know are illegal and they know are completely distracting to other drivers?

Unless we're only talking about using these when not moving.

marlettpat 10-05-2003 12:38 PM

im pretty sure were just talking about show. if not, i agree its stupid but i love doin this kinda stuff for shoiw purposes
Pat

tuzem 10-05-2003 01:11 PM

Why do people do things that they know are illegal and they know are completely distr

If you read my post carefully, you will notice that the lights are ON ONLY when the car engine is OFF - so no worries. I don't want to be a hazard to other drivers.

-Nick

Seraph 10-05-2003 05:01 PM

Re: Why do people do things that they know are illegal and they know are completely distr

Quote:

Originally posted by tuzem
If you read my post carefully, you will notice that the lights are ON ONLY when the car engine is OFF - so no worries. I don't want to be a hazard to other drivers.

-Nick

Good choice.

Phast SVX 10-05-2003 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
YOu don't want any blue or red lights at the front of your car. If you get pulled over with those, you can get into a ton of trouble.

L

Like Pat said, get a switch

In wi, you will get slapped with impersonating an officer. 300+ dollars! Street glow they will tell you to just not drive with it on, but blinking lights will definetly get you in trouble in the form of red or blue.
phil

tuzem 10-05-2003 07:25 PM

In wi, you will get slapped with impersonating an officer

That's only when you're moving, right? Not when your car is parked. In fact, I did talk to an officer last night but he never saw the lights -- I was parked inproperly and he asked me to move. That's it.

The lights definitely rock though :D I'll see if I can snap a few shots when it gets a little darker tonight and post a small movie clip. The coolest thing is that the WHOLE middle grille lights up. Trippy ;)

-Nick