The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Brand New Windshield - $328!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33087)

intelisevil 05-06-2006 01:55 PM

Brand New Windshield - $328!!!

I've found a NorthWest source for SVX windshields. It's about a two hour drive East from Portland, OR.

Goldendale Glass
Ask for Mike
509-773-4223
Goldendale, WA

Mike said the car should sit for at least four hours after the windshield is glued into place and should be driven as little as possible for the next 48 hours. I'll be getting mine replaced by him in early June, I'm still working up at the ski resort (where mine got broken) until the end of May, no reason to risk catching another rock with a new windshield . . . :mad:

According to Mike, Goldendale is "just a little dot of a town", there isn't much to do during the four hour wait. He said there are a couple of eateries and some second-hand stores to browse through. I don't know about the rest of you, but for that price I'll take a book and read for four hours sitting on the curb if I have to!

Since he's an installer, not the manufacturer, I'll try to find out who makes the glass when I get mine installed. Hopefully it'll be a source that any installer can order from!

Dan

immortal_suby 05-06-2006 02:13 PM

Great news!
I hope they don't have the titanium coating. I'd love to get a new one without it for better radar detection.

intellibomb 05-07-2006 07:31 PM

getting the supplier would be a godsend to the svx community

i paid 400 for a used one, and not the right color, at that! (i was desperate and not going to pay the 1000+ for dealer status)

shooot, i would spend that kind of time myself to get it that cheap... i spent easily over 4 hours just researching where i was going to get it from

GOOD JOB!

BTW hows the snow at hood?
just curious

ensteele 05-07-2006 10:23 PM

I am not that far North of that and could go there for that. The only thing that may be a problem is that it isn't supposed to be driven "much" in 48 hours. :confused: I don't know how I could do that. :o

Bipa 05-08-2006 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I am not that far North of that and could go there for that. The only thing that may be a problem is that it isn't supposed to be driven "much" in 48 hours. :confused: I don't know how I could do that. :o

Tell ya what I'd do... have a second person follow in a car, and simply leave the SVX to sit there on location for the 48 hours. Two or three days later, or even a week if you are restricted to weekends, go back and pick it up. Or if there isn't a second helpful person available, check out mass transit. I took the train back and forth from Switzerland when getting our SVX fixed 'cause Hubby was away.

Earl... with all your SVX's, I'm sure you could find someone willing to drive another of them for ya ;) :D

Earthworm 05-08-2006 05:16 PM

Do we have an article that associates which color windshield (blue, green, bronze) comes with which model SVX?

ensteele 05-08-2006 10:00 PM

I believe that any of the beige interiors got the bronze tint and the gray got the green or blue. :)

mbtoloczko 05-08-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil

According to Mike, Goldendale is "just a little dot of a town", there isn't much to do during the four hour wait. He said there are a couple of eateries and some second-hand stores to browse through. I don't know about the rest of you, but for that price I'll take a book and read for four hours sitting on the curb if I have to!...

I'm not sure its even a "dot of a town". I've driven by it many times and didn't even know it was a "town".

JeffN 06-12-2006 08:35 PM

ANy update on the manufacturer?

Rd96SVX 09-13-2006 10:13 PM

bump for any news on a manufacturerererererer/ supplierererer.. info would be >/start.TONYtheTIGER< GRRRRRREAT!!!! >/end.TONYtheTIGER<

clarkgs240 09-15-2006 11:21 AM

All Star Glass

I got new glass from All Star Glass for $310 installed. The were going to charge me $340 but they delivered the wrong glass. I had to wait another 45 minutes, so they knocked the price down to $310.

I called my local dealer to see how much they would charge, but they said they couldn't even get one for me, so they referred me to this place. It looks like they have locations all over California.

I think this is a 3rd party glass. The windshield seems to be tint free.

http://allstarglass.net/indexlist.html

Hope this helps!

huck369 09-15-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
bump for any news on a manufacturerererererer/ supplierererer.. info would be >/start.TONYtheTIGER< GRRRRRREAT!!!! >/end.TONYtheTIGER<

Some how I knew you'd be posting on this thread.....:eek:

sharky512345 09-15-2006 11:45 AM

are you working at timberline? I went snowboarding up there sometime last month. I didn't see any svxs there though..:)

Chiketkd 09-15-2006 12:23 PM

I'm very interested in seeing what comes out of this. If a supplier can provide SVX windshields for $300-$350 + shipping, I'd seriously consider picking up an SVX again as a daily driver. My WRX will retire as my daily around the middle of next year. It'll soon be a dedicated weekend racer/track car as I prepare for SCCA Nationals in Topeka, KS in '07! :cool:

-Chike

svxfiles 09-15-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkgs240
I got new glass from All Star Glass for $310 installed. The were going to charge me $340 but they delivered the wrong glass. I had to wait another 45 minutes, so they knocked the price down to $310.

I called my local dealer to see how much they would charge, but they said they couldn't even get one for me, so they referred me to this place. It looks like they have locations all over California.

I think this is a 3rd party glass. The windshield seems to be tint free.

http://allstarglass.net/indexlist.html

Hope this helps!

I just called their 800 # and they said 92-97 SVX windshields were NOT available in ANY of the three colors!?:confused: