The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My SVX sold; SubaruSVX.com lives (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21203)

John19688 09-08-2004 11:02 AM

My SVX sold; SubaruSVX.com lives

It was the last straw...I rolled up my window and CRACK!!! something broke. The window no longer worked.

I thought about my SVX. The fact that my AC ran cool only 80% of the time, the car needed a paint job, I was running with the original transmission with 120,000 miles on the odometer, and now a broken driver-side front window. To get the car fixed to dependable and presentable standards would cost at least twice as much as the car was worth:eek:

So I bought a new car and sold my SVX to the mechanic who has worked on it all these years. The new car is a blue 2005 WRX wagon. I keep telling myself I like it better than my SVX..."it's faster, roomier, more practical, gets better gas mileage, and all-wheel drive...I MUST like it better." I'm not 100% convinced though. I miss my SVX.

Anyway, I still am a big SVX fan. I still have the SubaruSVX.com website and quite a few of the SVX models left. I still have John Hoffman's SVX video that is not on the SVX DVD. I'll move over to my hard disk and put on the SVX DVD at some point.

So I'm still an SVX owner in spirit and I'll keep checking this forum from time to time. And maybe I'll buy another one in the future--an LSi this time!

PS: I have some SVX items for sale on eBay. Feel free to check them out.

Chiketkd 09-08-2004 11:45 AM

Never knew you ran that site. It was the first thing that came up in an internet search years ago that got me hooked on these cars!!!

Glad you're going to keep the site going... :)

-Chike

SubaSteevo 09-08-2004 12:32 PM

Sorry to hear John. I bet you'll be sorry to hear that the "crack" was probably the sound of the sleeve lock breaking. The sleave lock is a $10 part......good luck with the new WRX though :cool:

Landshark 09-08-2004 02:49 PM

hi John,

your site was also the first one i ran across when i began researching my SVX purchase - great work on that and the DVD you made!

go get a turbo-back exhaust and a Stage 2 reflash or the Cobb Accessport and i guarantee you'll like that wagon a lot more. :D

my SVX will be for sale in a year or two........;)

SSSVX 09-08-2004 03:03 PM

thanks for ur subarusvx.com these yrs.

that's the first site i learned alot from the svx when looking for mine.

good luck for the wrx wagon. get an LSi next time. :)

mbtoloczko 09-08-2004 04:01 PM

Thanks for subarusvx.com. Its a great resource. I'd like to mention though that on the specs page, the gear ratio for 4th gear is listed incorrectly. The correct ratio is 0.694.

ensteele 09-08-2004 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear you sold John, but hope you get another soon. Good luck. :)

Matthewmongan 09-08-2004 11:46 PM

so your the guy who started the site that spawned my love of the svx. thank you so much its one of the most helpful svx sites on the net. but if you ever meet my dad (the guy who pays the repairs) run away far away.

atleast your keeping it in the family with the wrx

i bet you got alot of people hooked on the svx....kind of like a drug dealer or a svx pimp.

LarryIII 09-09-2004 04:42 AM

John,

Sorry to hear that you sold your SVX.
Thank you for all your hard work over the years.
Good luck and God speed in all your future endeavors.

n00b on demand 09-09-2004 05:49 AM

subarusvx.com is actually the first svx site i saw when i searched it on google. I searched it out and after seeing how great it was , it was what made me want to get an SVX. Thanks for having the site up for all this time :D

Mr. Pockets 09-10-2004 10:44 AM

John,

Why don't you ever return my emails?

newsvx 09-10-2004 10:50 AM

John,
Sorry to hear about the SVX, but I know you will enjoy the WRX! Quite a car for the money!

BTW, I am sending you a PM.

Thanks for maintaining the web site - you have done many, many great things for SVX lovers everywhere!

Harry

seasvx 09-10-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
your site was also the first one i ran across when i began researching my SVX purchase
me too. my wife had just informed me she was done with her miata, i introduced her to your site and the next thing i know the LSi is in the garage. (and by all means, make certain that you experience ownership of an LSi before you die...) thx for everything!

NikFu S. 09-10-2004 07:47 PM

There's a DVD?