The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stebro (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19822)

fait_svx 07-08-2004 04:51 PM

Stebro

It's been almost a month. I have gotten 2 tracking numbers that turned out to be wrong. I'm considering reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, but, that will be if my stebro doesnt arrive in the next couple weeks. What will the BBB do? Anybody ever reported a company to them before?

RojoRocket 07-08-2004 05:44 PM

BBB

Not a darned thing!!! :mad: The BBB maintains lists of problem businesses, but AFAIK they're most useful in checking before doing business with someone. They're not the "Business Police" and have absolutely no POWER!! Besides, Stebro is in Canada aren't they? I've read numerous complaints on this board about problems with shoddy business practices on their part (possibly due to impatience and anticipation after spending that kind of $$$ ??), but for the most part owners seem pleased with the product once received. My advice would be to turn up your patience level and look forward to a successful improvement to your baby. :D :D :D

Glenn

fait_svx 07-08-2004 05:52 PM

i'm starting to doubt there will be any improvement with just the rear section. All that matters to me is if it deepens the tone.

GreenMarine 07-08-2004 08:51 PM

Have ya been calling DAN??? Next time ya talk to him ask to speak to the shipping department.... Tell Dan that if you don't find out where your exhaust is in 24 hours then you're gonna report them to the BBB... That should light a fire under his ARSE!!! But believe me.... Eventually it will show up... Search in the mod section about a year and a half ago when I got mine... You'll see that I waited 2 months and Harry (NOIR) waited over 3 months!!!

Chiketkd 07-08-2004 09:57 PM

3 MONTHS!!! :eek::eek::eek:

-Chike

Talk about customer service...
Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
You'll see that I waited 2 months and Harry (NOIR) waited over 3 months!!!

SVXer95 07-09-2004 08:43 AM

I doubt they sell very many of them. Most likely they have to be made before shipping. That and their customer service blows. Keep calling so they don't forget about you and you will eventually get it.

glide 07-09-2004 08:46 AM

that's odd

I can't believe it takes that long.
When I ordered mine with the group buy it arrived in a few weeks.
I would definitelly keep checking with them.

Green1995SVX 07-09-2004 11:57 AM

When i ordered mine it took about 2 weeks to get. Although, i was lied to about shipping dates and such. It's worth the customer service nightmares as the product is TOP NOTCH.

NeedForSpeed 07-09-2004 02:07 PM

Patience

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95
I doubt they sell very many of them. Most likely they have to be made before shipping. That and their customer service blows. Keep calling so they don't forget about you and you will eventually get it.
Demand for SVX exhaust is slow, so they probably are made when ordered, whenever they can fit it in. Definately, they are not making a living from the SVX community. Be kind in any communication. If too many get too pissy and pushy, one day Stebro may figure it really isn't worth the trouble. That would be the worst news of all for us SVXers.

Good advice has been given, be patient, the product is top notch.

Just consider, it's a custom made piece, and sometimes that takes a little extra time.

SVX_MY_BABY 07-09-2004 02:42 PM

Humm mine came in about a week. Dan is the man to bug.

I had my SVX in for service last week and the mechanics at the Subaru dealership were on coffee break, next to the bay where my car was on the hoist. The Stebro was the topic of conversation. All positive.

fait_svx 07-09-2004 07:31 PM

I think I'll just wait it out. I'm a patient guy. But, I'll call him and keep bothering him about it. I read about GreenMarineSVX and Noir's problems with Dan during the group buy. So, I already knew that it would take awhile to get here. All I can do at this point is wait...and...wait........

Earthworm 07-20-2004 11:40 AM

It's probably held up at the border. When packaged it looks like a large gun :D

Chiketkd 07-21-2004 12:29 PM

Like this?

Kinda reminds me of a bazooka...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...SVX92/5903.JPG (pic of blksvx92's stebro on arrival)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
When packaged it looks like a large gun :D

fait_svx 07-21-2004 01:39 PM

I know this sounds like a stupid question but, do you have to sign for it when it arrives? Or does ups just drop it off?

Xodi-SVX 07-21-2004 04:16 PM

I have the Stebro on my car and I can only say one thing. Its worth the wait. It took my mechanic around three months to get it when he ordered it when the car belonged to him.

Now the car sounds like a Corvette =)