The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Autofest 2001 - UPDATE (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=387)

Aredubjay 05-09-2001 02:04 PM

Autofest 2001 - UPDATE

Three of us (wasions, svxter and myself) are going to enter our SVXes in "My Classic Car's" Autofest 2001 in the "Show" category. Anyone else interested? Details are at the link below. If anyone else is interested, we want to put our registrations in at the same time, since numbers will be assigned in order of registration. If we submit at the same time, our places "together" will be secure as opposed to scattering us among the other autos. Let us know by dropping me an e-mail at trspit80@aol.com. Indeed, three would be a great showing, but more would be impressive. The dates are Sept. 28-30, but, we'd like to get our registrations in early. Again, let me know.

http://www.myclassiccar.com/flash.htm

svxxx26 05-09-2001 02:23 PM

Damn!

Dang it, Aredub - I just made plans to be in Charlotte on - you guessed it - Sept. 30! (Packers vs. Panthers) :)

So I can't make it this year. Sounds like fun though - start cleaning up that engine compartment, Randy!:eek:

Aredubjay 05-09-2001 02:32 PM

Re: Damn!

Quote:

Originally posted by svxxx26
Dang it, Aredub - I just made plans to be in Charlotte on - you guessed it - Sept. 30! (Packers vs. Panthers) :)

So I can't make it this year. Sounds like fun though - start cleaning up that engine compartment, Randy!:eek:

Bummin! (Of course, my plans may change if Shari gets wind of it -- Her birthday's the 29th! We spent her last one . . . . on the road to Vermont! This'll be a good guage of just how many "SVX Birthdays" she can stand).

I've already started cleaning my engine compartment, thank you very much. :D

Mr. Pockets 05-09-2001 03:17 PM

Autofest

Well, I went to the site to check out Autofest to see if I might be able to make it.

'Indiana! Of course I can!'

That was before I found out that Evansville is as far south as you can get in indiana.

I'll talk to the wife about it. Right now, I'd like to say that I could make it. We're talking under 10 hours of driving, so why the hell not? :)

Aredubjay 05-09-2001 03:21 PM

Re: Autofest

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Well, I went to the site to check out Autofest to see if I might be able to make it.

'Indiana! Of course I can!'

That was before I found out that Evansville is as far south as you can get in indiana.

I'll talk to the wife about it. Right now, I'd like to say that I could make it. We're talking under 10 hours of driving, so why the hell not? :)

Cube! Er, Mr. Pockets! That would be fan-damn-tastic!

Yeah, Evansville is where I work (don't lose your tranny there, they're the ones who wanted 4,600.00!!!). So far, it'll be the closest meet, outside of 2 cars, I've attended :D

nubs 05-09-2001 04:40 PM

Say it isn't so

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I've already started cleaning my engine compartment, thank you very much. :D

I can't believe what I have just read. Did you buy a Dremel tool yet?:D

Aredubjay 05-09-2001 07:47 PM

Re: Say it isn't so

Quote:

Originally posted by nubsjr

I can't believe what I have just read. Did you buy a Dremel tool yet?:D

Nope . . . but I've got one on lay-away as Wal-mart. :D

svxcess 05-10-2001 09:21 AM

Dremel

I wonder if by attaching one of those long Q-tips with the wooden shafts onto the end of your Dremel (don't go there!) ;) you could clean the inside of your headlight lenses?

svxxx26 05-10-2001 09:40 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've already started cleaning my engine compartment, thank you very much.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look on the bright side, Randy - you've already got the cleanest tranny in town!:D

Aredubjay 05-10-2001 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxxx26
quote:

I've already started cleaning my engine compartment, thank you very much.

Look on the bright side, Randy - you've already got the cleanest tranny in town!:D

Yeah, that's the only thing I had over Mike (nubsjr) at the Reading, PA meet. The only thing his engine bay was missing was a sticker that said "sterile."

wasions 05-10-2001 11:44 AM

Gee, Randy, you forgot to mention . . .

. . . the 'Beer Garden', though I can't imagine it having any effect on a decision to attend.:)

Evansville is a real nice (clean) town. You'll like it. Jump on in.

Steve

LordLobo 05-11-2001 10:28 AM

I'll be there....

Mr. Pockets 05-11-2001 10:35 AM

AutoFest Registration

Right now I'm good to go for AutoFest. I even got spousal approval.

Now my question is this: is there any kind of registration fee involved?

END OF LINE

Aredubjay 05-12-2001 11:59 AM

Cube, I believe the fee is 20 bucks for non members, 15 for members. Go back to the site. It lays it all out for you. But, wait to actually register until Steve, Bill, you and I can register together. Glad to know that Amber approves -- what a trophy! :)

I'll send you a packet from the convention and visitor's bureau if you'd like, so you can make arrangements for lodging. The most enjoyable spot might be the Aztar Hotel, which is right across from the Riverboat! :D

Aredubjay 05-12-2001 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LordLobo
I'll be there....
LordLobo! Your post was so small, I almost missed it. GREAT! From Wisconsin, yet! FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC! This is turning into a meet! :) Wait to register 'til we can get it all coordinated. Perhaps, we can just print out the form from the web, fill it out, and send it and our registration fees to Steve Wasion (he's an MCC member), then, he can just send them all in together. How 'bout it Steve? Sound like a plan? When should we get them to you?

Okay, so far, we have:

Steve (wasions) - Polo Green
Bill (SVXter) -- Polo Green
Randy (Aredubjay) -- Black/Pearl
Nick (Mrpockets) -- Barcelona Red
LordLobo -- Black/Pearl (sorry, Lobo, can't remember your name)

Pretty good turnout for a forgotten car, huh? Anyone else???