The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   WTF!!! (Spoiler) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26830)

mikecg 06-17-2005 10:02 AM

WTF!!! (Spoiler)

1 Attachment(s)
I have been trying to get a spoiler from a Legacy B4 Blitzen for months now and noone wants to help me. All I get is sorry can’t help you! I missed a used one by about a week, and the guy said he wont do anymore Legacy parts. Anybody here know someone that can help me?

Attached is a picture with it on a JDM SVX.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1531275965

Rotorflyr 06-17-2005 11:01 AM

Did you check with Dayle???

svxcess 06-17-2005 11:15 AM

Mike,

Check with Masao Kato at Japan Direct Import Service.
When I was talking to him he said it was available. In fact, he was the one who originally sent me this photo when I first starting ordering JDM parts from him. I have places many single orders and a few group orders as well. If anyone can get it, he can.

His email address is: kemkem@mediawars.ne.jp

The interesting thing is that if the transmission died, it would be easy for two people to push it to the side of the road, while a third person steered...

rob_4187 06-17-2005 11:34 AM

That wing looks awsome!

mikecg 06-17-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Did you check with Dayle???

Ya I accually got the picture from Dayle. I had only seen it on a Legacy before I asked him. His JDM importer isnt responding to his E-mail. I been waiting quite a while for a price. I was going to give Dalye a nice order (hood, grill and spoiler) all at once. Thanks for the help.

TomsSVX 06-17-2005 01:32 PM

well, mr money bags, you are really looking to have 2 of the most sick svxi ever huh? good luck with ur plans

Tom

benebob 06-17-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg
I have been trying to get a spoiler from a Legacy B4 Blitzen for months now and noone wants to help me. All I get is sorry cant help you! I missed a used one by about a week, and the guy said he wont do anymore Legacy parts. Anybody here know someone that can help me?

How many HP does this spoiler add Mike??? :D

michael 06-17-2005 06:22 PM

I like it 2 but how does it look in person? I think I might just love the color of that svx, it looks like mitsu pearl.

BordeauxComet 06-17-2005 11:41 PM

Yeah, I like that spoiler a lot too!

But I'm not sure how it'd look on a Bordeaux.

Mike, do you plan on doing anything about the brake light(s) (if you manage to get one of course)? Having 2 brake lights right on top of each other is the only thing I don't like.

Subafreak 06-18-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BordeauxComet

Mike, do you plan on doing anything about the brake light(s) (if you manage to get one of course)? Having 2 brake lights right on top of each other is the only thing I don't like.

Agreed, you need to blank one of them out. Other wise it's amazing how well that wing does fit on the SVX.

mikecg 06-20-2005 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BordeauxComet

I'm going to also have a fiberglass hood w/ scoop and front splitters. I'll have the I'll have the stock light assembly removed and filled in. Then the car will be repainted. I'm considering changing to a dark red pearl.

Motorsport-SVX 06-20-2005 07:48 PM

hey buddy

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg
I'm going to also have a fiberglass hood w/ scoop and front splitters. I'll have the I'll have the stock light assembly removed and filled in. Then the car will be repainted. I'm considering changing to a dark red pearl.

Hey Mike
Ill still process the rest of your order, that would be easy :D

black beast 06-20-2005 08:02 PM

it looks ok, but how much downforce would that kill?

Guys you have always looked at things as functioning or non, and what does that do for the down force? I know ours is not huge but it would give more then that

mikecg 06-21-2005 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black beast
it looks ok, but how much downforce would that kill?

Guys you have always looked at things as functioning or non, and what does that do for the down force? I know ours is not huge but it would give more then that

I dont know, but being designed for the Legacy B4 Blitzen I cant imagine it being less than a stock SVX spoiler. Besides I'm FWD. Most people seem to think downforce on a FWD doesnt do anything, an opinion I dont share.

SilverSpear 06-21-2005 07:54 AM

Guys, i guess you all saw the high spoiler I have on my SVX, even though most of you (including me) do not like its height, that thing has a God d*mn effect (sorry to put it that way) on downforce capability. I have tested it on the highway till 120 mph speed, i can feel my car like welded to the road, what a feeling! i highly recommend this type of spoiler, maybe ones with lower heights.. trust me on this, for once... :o