The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Service Shop Reviews (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Long Distance Relationships (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42863)

porschekiller 01-19-2008 12:36 AM

Long Distance Relationships

Never Work, Pun Intended. You Always Get Your Car Back With More Problems Than It Went In With And Alot Of Miles Added On To It.

YourConfused 01-19-2008 12:42 AM

Damn, no love for YT I see. Or should I infer differently, no love for ECU Tune?

porschekiller 01-19-2008 12:48 AM

stock motors with nitrous rule, he quit the forum too

i made my objections about ecutune to yt, but yt sold me on the cams and now i got a car that won't pass inspection and idles at 1800 when hot and blows oil on start up.

ensteele 01-19-2008 02:10 AM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is this a private conversation?

RSVX 01-19-2008 07:25 AM

No idea, but it sure sounds like one...

Tread softly.

Crazy_pilot 01-19-2008 11:25 AM

Why is every word of the first post capitalized?:confused:

[/thread];)

ensteele 01-19-2008 11:39 AM

I think that helps us know what he is talking about. :rolleyes: :o

It didn't work. :confused:

94SubieSVX 01-19-2008 12:40 PM

I don't think Tom's gonna like coming back from Vacation to see this:eek:

ensteele 01-19-2008 01:42 PM

It would help if we knew what he is talking about. It that is all the better he can explain it, consider the source and move on from there. He should deal with the person that did the work so that they have a chance to make it right instead of posting here and bad mouthing someone. :( :(

Speedklix 01-19-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 522302)
It would help if we knew what he is talking about. It that is all the better he can explain it, consider the source and move on from there.

contracted to build a crazy car.... doesn't pass inspection :confused:

....BTW, my stage 2 5mt passed MASS EM and S
Granted I did it myself, but it lives on LAN's software
What did we determine the problem was any way? See "Nitrous" and "engine trouble"... one has to think.

porschekiller 01-19-2008 10:15 PM

what's the matter, no bad reviews allowed. i shelled out over $6k for half assed work, i even drove the car from philly to boston down 2 quarts because the valve covers were off because the cams were installed wrong, but that wasn't figured out until after my new alarm was blamed for the car not starting and my alarm taken out without my permission. i also drove back without washer fluid after having the wiper replaced, but even with washer fluid the wiper washer doesn't spray. now for the juicy part, the wires ran threw the firewall for the transmission conversion were left rubbing against bare metal that made contact and caused my wipers to blow a fuse when i put the wipers on high during a rainstorm on the highway. then when the fuses kept blowing 30s the wiper motor fried and when the new wiper motor was blowing fuses was tom's wiring job discovered. i'm still waiting for the invoice on all the work i paid for. i was also told compression tests were going to be done on 2 dates and were never done, along with gtech tests that were never done. i did get the compression tests done and dynoed the car only to find out cams were installed on an engine with 2 bad cylinders, an engine tom said, "is just getting broke in" and "will last another 100k miles." the trans was also installed with bad mounts and the rear diff mounts are bad. i also got the car back with the check engine light on and a bad knock sensor that i was told was the reason for the ce light. well there's a new knock sensor in and the check engine light is on. the cams i was told would idle, still don't idle. i'm a sporting man though, if i can't put on a show at the track, i can put on a show in court. gotta love massachusetts courts:lol:

ensteele 01-19-2008 11:05 PM

Have you talked to YT about this, and if you did, what did he say?

RSVX 01-20-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschekiller (Post 522359)
what's the matter, no bad reviews allowed.

Bad reviews are just as welcome as a good review.

However, your methodology is what leaves something to be desired.

Complaints that are well written, thought out and succinct are generally taken more seriously than some half-assed attempt at what looks like shot at starting a forum war.

I understand if you are upset, I would be too, but that doesnt justify your methods.

As with what Earl said, did you come here complaining, or talk to YT first? Something tells me you came here to start a fight, rather than look for resolution.

I would be willing to bet you haven't even called YT yet.

bwb3 01-20-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Have you talked to YT about this, and if you did, what did he say?
A little background info here http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42665 . Unfortunately, distance does make resolution more difficult.
Gene

porschekiller 01-20-2008 09:17 AM

i'm a business owner and i only came on the forum when yt refused to give me an invoice and started making inconsistent statements