The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   need some svx help "december" (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42812)

solarsvx 01-16-2008 07:14 AM

need some svx help "december"

well looks like my baby is having some issues, aka miss december in the calander LOL

i have had some random problems with ether the rear or center diffirential, it seems to happen only whene i make slow sharp turns into a parking spaces or backing up, its verry random and doesnt do it going straight

it feels like something is binding up, last night it got so bad the car wouldnt move and i had to back up then go foward again, the whole car shakes and vibrates

i took a flash light and saw some fresh fluid around the diffrential case, i will look closer today and find out exactly where,

does any one have any sugestions? could it be a bad cv axle in the rear causing it to bind, or something broke in the rear diff or the center diff is locking up ?

thanks for your inputs

Tim 01-16-2008 10:55 AM

If I remember correctly you're running a staggered wheel setup?

if so maybe you can swap your set back to the stock rims to see if it still does it.

solarsvx 01-16-2008 11:36 AM

thanks for the response

the wheels have nothing to do with it, the rims are the exact same width and size on all 4 corners,

i brought it down to AAMCO a few hours ago hopefully it will be a simple fix

Wikedjuggalo 01-16-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsvx (Post 521624)
thanks for the response

the wheels have nothing to do with it, the rims are the exact same width and size on all 4 corners,

i brought it down to AAMCO a few hours ago hopefully it will be a simple fix

Any codes?

solarsvx 01-16-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 521628)
Any codes?

nope no codes, tranny shifts perfectly drives great just making sharp turns at slow speeds it binds and pops,

Landshark 01-16-2008 12:25 PM

did you try driving around in a "figure 8" in an empty parking lot?

solarsvx 01-16-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 521639)
did you try driving around in a "figure 8" in an empty parking lot?

no havent dont that yet , i should try it, its at the transmission shop now hopefully ill here good word soon on it,

i might have to locate a rear end,

solarsvx 01-16-2008 12:37 PM

alright good news

it was broken motor mounts that was causing every thing to bind up,

subaruparts.com to the rescue LOL

Landshark 01-16-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsvx (Post 521648)
alright good news

it was broken motor mounts that was causing every thing to bind up,

subaruparts.com to the rescue LOL

that's much better than tranny/diff problems. :)

solarsvx 01-16-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 521651)
that's much better than tranny/diff problems. :)

im relieved, still 340.00 to replace them, i replaced them in my wrx with raceing mounts im sure its the same principal applies here

according to subaru parts.com i can just change out the rubber part

out of curosity, should i replace the dog bone as well? does the wrx and svx rear mounts interchange?

Tim 01-16-2008 01:18 PM

im pretty sure tom mike and eric offer the group n motor mounts, so you may want to pm one of them or give them a phone call

solarsvx 01-16-2008 01:52 PM

i will give them a shot, but i think im just going to order OEM ones i dont do any raceing or anything with the svx

SVXRide 01-16-2008 01:58 PM

Shouldn't be any need to replace the dogbone. Mychailo tried a much stiffer one a year or so back and found that it just resulted in more engine noise being transferred to the passenger compartment.
-Bill

solarsvx 02-05-2008 07:35 AM

well after looking at it in person and physically touching the mounts the old ones look to be in great shape,

im bringing back to aamco for further inspections

now i have 2 brand new motors mounts i might have to return

Wikedjuggalo 02-05-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsvx (Post 525838)
well after looking at it in person and physically touching the mounts the old ones look to be in great shape,

im bringing back to aamco for further inspections

now i have 2 brand new motors mounts i might have to return

So they got you for 350 dollars? are your problems fixed? I hope you can get back to enjoing SVXing like most of us on here ^^