The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets make it official. SVX is an Italian car. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36179)

anthonybuchanan 11-19-2006 08:42 AM

Lets make it official. SVX is an Italian car.

If the SVX is designed by an Italian company than why can't we, those in this forum that choose to, consider the SVX Italian: but built in Japan with Japanese money.

Most Camrys on US roadways are built in the US but still consdiered Jap cars since they were designed in Japan.

I know it can be said that the Italian design company was not involved enough in the post design production process however we cannot say that for sure. I mean I don't know how involved they were in the process.

Mr. Pockets 11-19-2006 09:23 AM

Um...because it's not? :)

What would be the point?

Stevebsy 11-19-2006 09:59 AM

Yeah...plus it runs every day. (drum/cymbal noise)

Archer999 11-19-2006 11:54 AM

description

usually when I have someone come up to me at a gas station and say what thu :confused: ??? heck is that thing. I usually tell them it was designed by the italians and built by the japanese.

Mr. Pockets 11-19-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer999
usually when I have someone come up to me at a gas station and say what thu :confused: ??? heck is that thing. I usually tell them it was designed by the italians and built by the japanese.

You could...I don't know...tell them it's a Subaru. I know, I know, it's a wild idea, but you could give it a try some time.

Archer999 11-19-2006 12:07 PM

subaru

well, I figure if they allready see the suby hood emblem and are still asking, these people are looking for a little dazzle and who am I to deny them the amazing tale that brought the best car in the world to birth. j/k

I just tell them that it is my modified ford escourt, and once I show them the flux compassitor they know the car means business.

I was even driving through my local bank and the teller lady said "have a nice day sir and uh what?? kind of car is that??"

SVX_MY_BABY 11-19-2006 12:13 PM

Good philosophical point.

Most people say that Harley Davidsons are US bikes even tough the larger portion of them is made off shore. They also say Honda bikes are Japanese when they are made in the US of mostly US made parts.

Guess it depends on who owns the company that makes them.

rallyingrob 11-19-2006 01:24 PM

......and since subaru is owned by GM..........
lolol

(insert another drum roll)
lolol

Archer999 11-19-2006 01:31 PM

owned by gm

Was subaru owned by gm in '92?

svxfiles 11-19-2006 01:32 PM

"Lets make it official. SVX is an Italian car."
Ah, NO!!!!!
It is a car I can drive everyday, enjoy everyday, respect everyday, and NOT have to work on everyday!!!!!
Proud of my car's heritage!!!
Tom.

oab_au 11-19-2006 02:46 PM

Italian?????

It doesn't rust (in Aust), the electrics and finish are too good, to be Italian.:D But the smooth shape is very Italian.:)

Harvey.;)

Mr. Pockets 11-19-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallyingrob
......and since subaru is owned by GM..........
lolol

(insert another drum roll)
lolol

GM does not own Subaru. They had a 15% (iirc) stake in Subaru for a few years, which I believe they sold to Toyota.

dannmarr 11-19-2006 02:51 PM

Vive Italia!

1 Attachment(s)
Italian driven.....:D

anthonybuchanan 11-19-2006 03:47 PM

I beleive that a compromise is in order here.

First I should respond to Mr. Pockets query regarding what would be the point. The answer is that there is no point at all. It doesnt bother me when I tell people its a Subaru or "an Italian car".

For those of you that beleive that an Italian car could never run as well as the svx then, I propose the SVX be considered an "Italian car built in Japan". Hows that ?

It's Just Eric 11-19-2006 08:36 PM

I think you are thinking a little too hard on people's comments made in your wing thread. There really isnt much to debate on here,as the subject of the matter is strictly that of each individual's opinion of the car's heritage being right or wrong. Also I'd like to note to anyone who is debating the original point with acusations that Italin car's dont run, though you may be correct, it is off subject, and furthermore you should have taken your role on the high school debate team more seriously.
So on a similar note, as to not get involved in your arguement, Ill just start my own...

The Kids in the Hall was the greatest sketch comedy show ever created.