The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT Rally Racing (Colin McRae) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1136)

nvrmore100 08-09-2001 11:42 AM

OT Rally Racing (Colin McRae)

Not sure how many of you keep up with the rally circuit, but I figured I would get your opinions. For those that don't know, Colin brougt Subaru back from the dead and dominated the WRC circuit for quite a while. Then he left Subaru and joined up with Ford and the new focus (probably for more $$$). However since this time, the lousy stablility of the Focus has cost him some huge leads, and wins in some cases. I figure he should leave Ford, go for another team possibly. Mitsu, Peugoet, even Hyundai, I'm sure would love to have him.

What do you guys think?

Ryan

LarryIII 08-09-2001 02:03 PM

Guy, Gals, & Wannabes,

When I was in college many, many ages ago we used to have fun rallies (some more serious than others) we have enough of us in the north east that we could have a fun rallye/meet in a central location. I suggest Northwest NJ. It's accessible and it has hills , curvy roads and weird weather patterns.
What does everyone think ?

Larry III

nvrmore100 08-09-2001 02:16 PM

I'm an avid rally guy....

unfortunately coming to Denver, I quickly found out that nearly no rallies are here at all. The forestly service has limited them badly. I was originally going to turn my SVX into a rally car, but have decided against it. A good TSD (or navigational) rally would be a nice thing that many of us could enjoy. It would save on entry costs and wouldn't force road closures either.

If anyone is truly interested, I might just have to drive acorss the country to join up in a all SVX rally. That would be truly sweet.

Ryan

SVXphile 08-09-2001 08:24 PM

Back to Subie

Doesn't his brother drive for Subaru? Either he or Carlos Stainz (sp) needs come come back on board.

I would love to rally but my dear sweet wife...bless her heart...really and truly IS a naviguesser. Jean + map = lost. I would rally only with the help of GPS and On-Star!:rolleyes: Don

montypython 08-12-2001 09:26 PM

Re: OT Rally Racing (Colin McRae)

Quote:

Originally posted by nvrmore100
Not sure how many of you keep up with the rally circuit, but I figured I would get your opinions....Colin brougt Subaru back from the dead and dominated the WRC circuit for quite a while...... However since this time, the lousy stablility of the Focus has cost him some huge leads, and wins in some cases.

What do you guys think?

Ryan

OUCH!! That was quite a nerve you hit.
IMHO WRC is the finest of all motor sports (even superior to F1), and McRae, even though he is a Sotsman :rolleyes: is without doubt the # 1 driver on the circuit. Myself, I have to be a Richard Burns fan, but this year if McRae has finished he has won. He had three straight in Argentina, Cyprus and Greece when he managed to keep the Focus healthy.
My prediction - he will stay with Ford for 2002, because he will win the 2001 World Championship

nvrmore100 08-12-2001 09:43 PM

I hope so too....

But if that dang focus keeps crapping out I dont know what will happen. It's unfortunate that the staying quality of the focus seems to limited. I agree his the best driver in WRC, but what can you do if you car is breaking most of the time.

I guess only time will tell.

Ryan