The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did a little fun run last weekend (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54018)

wawazat?? 04-12-2010 03:02 PM

Did a little fun run last weekend

A group of us got together last weekend for a little backroad tour on some great roads. Had a blast!:) Had the following vehicles along for the run:

2-BMW 135's
2-Mazdaspeed 3's (old and new body style)
2-STI's
1-2004 WRX w/2.5l swap
1-2008 Mazda MX-5
1-2004ish Corvette FRC
1-Mustang 3.7l V-6, six speed w/track package
1-Cobalt (automatic on all season tires)
1-92 SVX 5 speed (HOT :lol:)

Needless to say I wasn't the fastest vehicle on the road in this group but the old girl acquitted herself well. Of course, the coilovers were installed along with one set of my summer high performance tires and gutted interior (door back is empty). I got the Recaros locked down the night before along with an oil change.

The owner of the new Mazdaspeed 3 is the Japanese president of a Japanese auto parts supplier who hadn't seen an SVX over here but knew them in Japan. He was surpirsed to see one in the group and was impressed by the mods. Nice:)

That's it for me for a while again as our new son's arrival is imminent and life outside of babycare for all intents and purposes ceases to exist. See you again at Christmas:)

Todd

SilverSpear 04-13-2010 12:41 AM

Re: Did a little fun run last weekend

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 642456)
A group of us got together last weekend for a little backroad tour on some great roads. Had a blast!:) Had the following vehicles along for the run:

2-BMW 135's
2-Mazdaspeed 3's (old and new body style)
2-STI's
1-2004 WRX w/2.5l swap
1-2008 Mazda MX-5
1-2004ish Corvette FRC
1-Mustang 3.7l V-6, six speed w/track package
1-Cobalt (automatic on all season tires)
1-92 SVX 5 speed (HOT :lol:)

Needless to say I wasn't the fastest vehicle on the road in this group but the old girl acquitted herself well. Of course, the coilovers were installed along with one set of my summer high performance tires and gutted interior (door back is empty). I got the Recaros locked down the night before along with an oil change.

The owner of the new Mazdaspeed 3 is the Japanese president of a Japanese auto parts supplier who hadn't seen an SVX over here but knew them in Japan. He was surpirsed to see one in the group and was impressed by the mods. Nice:)

That's it for me for a while again as our new son's arrival is imminent and life outside of babycare for all intents and purposes ceases to exist. See you again at Christmas:)

Todd

Cool story Todd, might I remind you racing stories are not allowed over here :p

J/K :D

wawazat?? 04-13-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 642581)
Cool story Todd, might I remind you racing stories are not allowed over here :p

J/K :D

I didn't say we actually tested the speed Danny:). From the list of vehicles it is clear that my SVX would have been far from the fastest had we tested them at a closed course.

Hocrest 04-13-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 642456)

Chad

Hopefully she doesn't go into labor while you're in Reading this weekend!!!

wawazat?? 04-14-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 642598)
Hopefully she doesn't go into labor while you're in Reading this weekend!!!

No Reading for me again this year Dave :(.

In fact, with the changes I've done to the car I doubt I'll be back. Gutted interior and stiff suspension would be too hard to deal with for the 10 hour trip.