The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possible sighting in "Two Weeks Notice" (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8111)

Jamsvx 01-12-2003 04:05 AM

Possible sighting in "Two Weeks Notice"

Was at the movies last night with Cassie seeing 'Two Weeks Notice' (nice stretch S-Class in it!) and for a split second, I think I saw the rear window (C-pillar area) of an SVX.....naturally, given that I scream and shout when I see an SVX, execute a handbrake turn and give chase, causing us to be late for wherever we were going, I wisely subdued my whoops and gasps in a box of popcorn!

The scene is where Hugh and Sandra go to the kebab vendor...it is in the upper left of the screen.

I could be mistaken and it may have been a HUMMER or a pedestrian but it looked like an SVX (James sees SVX's everywhere especially in the 100 Acre SVX Wood under his bed!)

:D

alltrac 01-19-2003 02:46 AM

dude this is sad

Jamsvx 01-19-2003 04:54 AM

...because???

alltrac 01-20-2003 06:23 PM

sighting

I like our cars because there scarce. I like being the only svx on the road even tho I know there is about ten were I live. if I see another owner im only jealous if they have a 97

AbdominalSnoman 01-20-2003 10:03 PM

in "Falling down" when michael douglas parks his pos hatchback in the middle of the road a fat rich person gets out of a black SVX with leather.

In the seinfeld episode where they are wandering in the parking garage of the mall a red SVX appears repeatedly.

wasions 01-20-2003 11:32 PM

Re: sighting

Quote:

Originally posted by alltrac
I like our cars because there scarce. I like being the only svx on the road even tho I know there is about ten were I live. if I see another owner im only jealous if they have a 97
Why would you be jealous of a '97? '96's are better looking (grill) and have (or at least, came with) wider tires.

Jamsvx 01-21-2003 05:15 AM

But 92's are the fastest of the lot!

Mr. Pockets 01-21-2003 08:23 AM

Re: Possible sighting in "Two Weeks Notice"

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx
Was at the movies last night with Cassie seeing 'Two Weeks Notice' (nice stretch S-Class in it!) and for a split second, I think I saw the rear window (C-pillar area) of an SVX.....naturally, given that I scream and shout when I see an SVX, execute a handbrake turn and give chase, causing us to be late for wherever we were going, I wisely subdued my whoops and gasps in a box of popcorn!

The scene is where Hugh and Sandra go to the kebab vendor...it is in the upper left of the screen.

I could be mistaken and it may have been a HUMMER or a pedestrian but it looked like an SVX (James sees SVX's everywhere especially in the 100 Acre SVX Wood under his bed!)

Thanks, James. Thanks. Now I have to go see it. Me, I would have preferred to rent the thing. But nooooOOOOOoooo, now I have to see it tonight. :p

Jamsvx 01-22-2003 03:19 AM

Ha ha! And here I was ringing the video store for "Rich Man's Wife" - looks like I will have to content myself with the re-runs of Early Edition at 4am (which had a red SVX!)

svxeno 01-22-2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx
But 92's are the fastest of the lot!

Thank you very much!

Randy (Fastest year for speed and tranny failure) ii

svxeno 01-22-2003 09:03 PM

I haven't seen it in years and can't swear to it but someone once posted that Princess Vespa's spaceship in "Spaceballs" was an SVX. I don't remember seeing it.

Randy (I believe EVERYTHING I read) ii

alacrity024 01-22-2003 09:07 PM

i can say for a fact that it was a mercedes.. didn't you see the three-pointed star on the hood?!

-a :D