The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smokers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7754)

LarryIII 12-24-2002 04:55 AM

Smokers

Yesterday, for a change, I drove SUBYDOO into work. Usually I drive the '92 pearly (SVXY) to work. I parked in the #2 spot as usual in the open-air garage on the ground floor of the building. This spot faces the entry door to the building lobby. The garage side of this door is where all the smokers go to have a drag.

SUBYDOO is Broreaux Pearl (burgundy).

Yesterday, I had about 6-7 guys come up to me at work and ask me why I had my car repainted. Seems they didin't see any difference between '92 & '97 SVXes. The ususal respose was "They both have the same type of weird split windows."

I guess smoking clouds the mind too.

WestCoastSVX 12-24-2002 09:57 AM

:confused: I apologize if you were being sarcastic and I'm missing the joke, but I'm not really sure I could tell the difference either, and I don't smoke! :eek: And everyone knows I'm a detail guy and have pointed out little differences in model years, trim levels, etc before.

So to the casual observer, seeing only the EXTERIOR of a 92 and and 97 side by side, what are the differences other than color (they thought it had been repainted so that wouldn't matter) and the little center grille (non-enthusiasts would really not notice that and it could have been changed like I did). Oh shade of silver on the wheels too I guess. :rolleyes:

:p :p :D

Earthworm 12-24-2002 07:43 PM

One of the dead giveaways of a newer SVX to me is the non-auto seatbelts. It's the first thing I look for.

ps. I can't stand cigarette smoke!!!

ensteele 12-24-2002 08:01 PM

Larry - you could have told them that the cigarette smoke had yellowed the white paint. :eek: :rolleyes: :D :)

By the way, why did you have it painted? :rolleyes:

svxeno 12-25-2002 09:14 AM

I'm blowing cigarette smoke at my monitor to all of you right now.

:D :D :D :D

Randy (Supporting North Carolina farmers) ii

$VX 12-25-2002 09:36 AM

I generally hate cigarette smokers. As a kid, I had severe asthma, and its smoking..gah.. its just a horrible horrible industry. All it does it get people addicted and kills them. It makes your teeth yellow, your skin wrinkly, your house and car smells like ass, and your wallet empty. Not to mention your lungs full of crap. Its just POINTLESS. Oh but smoking makes me relaxed, they say. Know why??! Because they're inhaling long deep breaths. THATS IT. Nothing, not even one of the hundreds of chemicals in cigarettes, calms you down, its just the BREATHING.

As a side note, I've NEVER given ANYONE crap about smoking weed. At least they're getting high, and having fun, and on the upside they aren't contributing to some company that kills people, they're most likely contributing to frito lay (as they eat cheetos).

Anyway.

Sorry. I'm STILL allergic to smoke a little bit- but whats even more annoying is hte smell. Going out to have a good time with some friends (none of which who smoke) and we come back smelling like ass. Awesome..

argh.

If I had it my way I'd be napalming every tobacco company on earth.

- Ca$h

svxeno 12-25-2002 09:44 AM

Thank you Ca$h for the Christmans cheer. I feel much more festive now.

Randy (Holiday spirit and all) ii

$VX 12-25-2002 09:51 AM

heh. No problem. :)

MERRY XMAS! :D

I wish it snowed last night.

- Ca$h

mohrds 12-25-2002 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
At least they're getting high, and having fun, and on the upside they aren't contributing to some company that kills people, they're most likely contributing to frito lay (as they eat cheetos).
- Ca$h

Oh yeah, ignorance is bliss...

Unfortunatly you are dead wrong on this one. The pot runners are as ruthless as the cocaine runners, in fact they are often the same people. You think the friend you buy it from grows it all himself? He bought it from someone else who bought it from a group that had to kill a cop because he got too close.

I live in a drug infested neighborhood. Within 3 blocks of my house, there have been five drug deals ending in homicides this year. Guess what, only one was not marijuana.

So just keep on thinking you are all clean and cool and not harming anyone. Meanwhile, I'll watch for your supplier as he drives here to make his buy. Maybe he'll shortchange someone and end up dead too.

Sorry everyone for the rant... I'm just sick to death of these ignorant little potheads thinking that just because they get high in the suburbs, that they aren't contributing to the problem...

When you smoke pot, you become a target of the war on drugs. Don't get caught in the crossfire.

Doug

calmone 12-25-2002 10:53 AM

thank god i only smoke cigars!

CigarJohnny 12-25-2002 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
thank god i only smoke cigars!
Amen, Brother! :D

petesvx2 12-26-2002 12:49 PM

i learned in school that one marijuana joint hurts you more then twice as bad as a cigarette would. so if you think you're not hurting anyone by doing it, you're wrong. you're hurting yourself. then you go try to drive all high 'n sh*t and bang, little girl gets hit by your car. mohrds is right with what he says. all the drug problems stem from many different things, just because you live on the outskirts doesnt mean a thing. im tired so im not sure if my rant made sense. but the effort was there

I_Alcyone_I 12-26-2002 01:15 PM

the way id tell the difference between the two cars, Auto Belts, Split back seats, and the front grill, I don't think anyone would look this closesly but 92s didnt have the door lock switch in the center console either. If side by side the wheels would be different colors, but i doubt you could tell if you saw them days apart.

As for my opinion, I don't like being around any type of smoking.

$VX 12-26-2002 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds

So just keep on thinking you are all clean and cool and not harming anyone. Meanwhile, I'll watch for your supplier as he drives here to make his buy. Maybe he'll shortchange someone and end up dead too.

Depends on who's growing it. In madison (hippyville) pot isn't for hardcore druggies, a LOT of people smoke it. We even have weedfest here, and the cops don't care if you smoke it on the square.

- Ca$h

PS: Who said anything about driving high?

SHISVX 12-26-2002 03:26 PM

the drug nicotine that is in ciggs is the addicting part and also the part that "calms". it is a stimulant....i don't understand where the "calming effect" comes from. people that fidget and (sometimes) are in Freud's oral stage, know that something in their mouth will "calm" them down. it is more of a habit. i have to pay 5 bucks for my habit, by the end of the year, i could probably have enough money for a new tranny. i am quiting soon, but every smoker will tell you that

on the pot smoking deal, i have my opinions, but i will keep them to myself.

Kelli

gum is cheaper....i should remember that