The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Me want noooooow...... :'[ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25379)

NikFu S. 04-04-2005 09:53 PM

Me want noooooow...... :'[

So I electronically mailed (e-mail for you non-technical types) smallcar about their auto shift kit.
I was browsing the site, hoping to purchase it, lo and behold, shipping is to 49 states.
Great. So they either don't ship here or to Hawaii. I click on.
Bottom of the next page I read shipping is to only 48 states.
Great. So I am now confused.
Anyway I dropped them a note inquiring something related to this situation Saturday night. When I checked my inbox Sunday I realized it was the weekend an figured they could reply by Monday. I'm pretty sure today is Monday.

It's almost 8pm. That's like, later, whereever they are. Arizona I think.
Anyhoo, anyone know if they ship to Alaska?
I mean, couldn't I just drop them an extra ten dollars for some expedite service?

:confused:

SilverSpear 04-04-2005 11:45 PM

Man they ship to Lebanon, i don't think they won't ship to Alaska... and try to contact Rob, he will help you out.

NikFu S. 04-05-2005 12:07 AM

Who is Rob and how can I get ahold of him?

SilverSpear 04-05-2005 12:20 AM

he works at smallcar, either call him on the company number or email him by putting his name in the subject...

Khalil 04-05-2005 01:53 AM

Good luck Nikfu. I cant imagine that they wouldn't send up here.. Not as if they pay for shipping. Let us know, someday i want to buy a shift kit as well (im in Anchorage).

NikFu S. 04-05-2005 03:44 AM

Have I seen you around?

edit: There was a 92 LS-i?

NikFu S. 04-05-2005 01:23 PM

K I just got a message from Brian at Smallcar. Good to go. :DDDD

GreenMarine 04-05-2005 01:52 PM

Sorry this it OT.... But I have to know, What's the weather like up there now???

NikFu S. 04-05-2005 02:40 PM

Probably around 30 degrees, sun beaming intensely through the cloud covered sky. Completely cloud covered, as usually. Looks like the sky is actually white. The ground grey with dirt and dust that won't wash away until maybe later his month. A few mounds of compacted snow here and there amidst black piles of what I call smice. Snow and mud ice.

So yeah.

Khalil 04-05-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Have I seen you around?

edit: There was a 92 LS-i?

Ever see a maroon svx around? i have little fish sticker on rear window.

I ment LS-l i fix now.

NikFu S. 04-05-2005 04:31 PM

I have seen one, but chances are you would have seen me if it was you. I make it a point to get spotted by other SVXers. I've only met with two, both dark teals. My count for the state is around 25.

smallcardotcom 06-15-2005 02:23 PM

Thanks Danny

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
he works at smallcar, either call him on the company number or email him by putting his name in the subject...

Thanks for the referral. I should mention that any emails regarding purchases or inquiries should be sent to sales@smallcar.com not the email address that you get from the website. I won't get the email otherwise.

Rob Eubank :D
Internet Sales Manager
Small Car Performance

KCROGUEDOG 06-15-2005 03:23 PM

hey nick i got mine shipped up to north pole. i just called them directly and ordered it. no problems or hassles. in fact they didnt even mention shipping to ak. and u will like the kit tons. i do.

NikFu S. 06-15-2005 07:50 PM

I've had it installed for a month now at least (:

However, nice timing with the thread revival, because I think the kit is losing it's edge. It definitely does not feel as it did the last time I adjusted it. :/

smallcardotcom 06-15-2005 08:18 PM

If you feel that the kit is losing its edge then perhaps it's coming time to service your transmission. The kit doesn't "wear out". As a matter of fact, the kit simply redirects existing vacuum and current to essentially fix the problem the SVX came with from the factory that caused the transmission to shift less firmly thus creating higher temps which burn out transmissions.

I also think that now since you're used to the shifting, you're concentrating a lot on trying to feel the performance but your perspective has changed.