The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Feeler: ECUtune Stage 3 Supercharger Intake (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57825)

1986nate 07-12-2011 01:26 AM

Feeler: ECUtune Stage 3 Supercharger Intake

exactly what it states. This is one of the old Stage 3 intakes that LAN made.
A variety of Whipple/Lysholm superchargers will bolt to it, but I believe only the smallest one will actually fit properly. 100ax or 1600ax depending on who you would order from.
Not sure if anyone is interested in a supercharged SVX, but this would save a lot of time and effort if someone were going to. I also have the alternator relocation bracket if you wanted to retain a/c.

I picked this up from Young Tom when I bought back an engine I had sold to him earlier and cleared out just about everything else he had left at his apartment at the time.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8132139_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8070216_n.jpg

Taking offers if anyone is interested, otherwise I'll just keep hanging onto it and possibly use it.

Also open to trades of any sort :)

LastSVXintheChi 07-12-2011 09:46 AM

Re: Feeler: ECUtune Stage 3 Supercharger Intake

wish i had the knowledge and money to make my SVX supercharged lol that would be sweeeeeeeet!!

LetItSnow 07-12-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastSVXintheChi (Post 681684)
wish i had the knowledge and money to make my SVX supercharged lol that would be sweeeeeeeet!!

It's good for what ails ya. :D

Huskymaniac 07-12-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 681686)
It's good for what ails ya. :D

Yeah but I am not sure I would want a hole in my hood with a tick sticking out of it! :p

LetItSnow 07-12-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 681688)
Yeah but I am not sure I would want a hole in my hood with a tick sticking out of it! :p

Allergic to acceleration? :lol:

Note: Hood hole not required with the manifold shown above.

LastSVXintheChi 07-12-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 681691)

I wouldnt mind the hole in my hood :D it would almost look like one of those old shaker hoods they had on the Cudas and such

1986nate 07-12-2011 11:08 AM

BTW for anyone wondering, either of Whipple's or Lysholms 1.6 liter/rev superchargers will work with this. Google either name with supercharger added and you can find their sites. Whipple seems to be strictly located in the US, while Lysholm has dealers located all over the world.
Larger superchargers will bolt to it and clear the top of the block, but may not clear the firewall with the throttle body and snorkus attached.

huck369 07-12-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 681700)
With this, you wouldn't need a hole in your hood ;)

I would in FrankenWedge....
Would love to Supercharge FrankenWedge....

1986nate 07-12-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 681701)
I would in FrankenWedge....
Would love to Supercharge FrankenWedge....

That sounds like an absolutely insane idea.
I LIKE IT!!!:D

Huskymaniac 07-12-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 681691)

Well, that's good but I would definitely want to keep my A/C and it sounds like doing so would be a lot of "modification". Plus, my car is OBD2 so it is a non-starter for folks like me......

Cam 07-12-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 681717)
Well, that's good but I would definitely want to keep my A/C and it sounds like doing so would be a lot of "modification". Plus, my car is OBD2 so it is a non-starter for folks like me......

Tony, I would recommend a Hydra or other EMS for this, so I don't think OBD II would be a problem. (CAUTION - there are a lot of hidden expenses with projects like these if you have never done them before).

1986nate 07-12-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 681773)
Tony, I would recommend a Hydra or other EMS for this, so I don't think OBD II would be a problem. (CAUTION - there are a lot of hidden expenses with projects like these if you have never done them before).

The Hydra would be best as YT proved. Though, he does still have the stage 3 ECU if someone wanted to go that route.

I also have the custom power steering pulley that was used since changing boost was utilized by changing the crank pulley size and not the supercharger pulley.

The biggest thing that would need to be figured out with going this route is finding a good machine shop to make a proper crank pulley for this setup.

LetItSnow 07-13-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 681773)

Using a Hydra and pitching the OBD II would be a problem - your stock OBD-II ECU (or a more modern one) is essential in NY to jack the thing into the state's computer when getting an inspection. :mad:

No school like the old school! OBD-I FTW!

Huskymaniac 07-13-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 681787)
Using a Hydra and pitching the OBD II would be a problem - your stock OBD-II ECU (or a more modern one) is essential in NY to jack the thing into the state's computer when getting an inspection. :mad:

No school like the old school! OBD-I FTW!

Yeah, sometimes I hate living in this state. The government sucks and the weather is a PITA sometimes.

LetItSnow 07-13-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 681788)
Yeah, sometimes I hate living in this state. The government sucks and the weather is a PITA sometimes.

So ya hand down the '97 and pick up something in a less "refined" vintage. :)