The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Community Project (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22489)

BigDinthehouse 11-07-2004 12:18 PM

Community Project

My friend just just got a 92 SVX, worst condition he has ever seen one in. This was a Doug Rudd deal "some of you know him" This is the process of the process of the situation, Draining the gas tank, just found out the left O2 sensor is completly cut-off.
The car is missing a radiator and alternator.
then I'm gonna pump water through it before the engine runs, once I get the gas in it and the O2 sensor, Is there anything else I need to know.

Thanx, Big D

ensteele 11-07-2004 03:27 PM

Sounds like a Long Road ahead. :( And, Yes, we know him. :mad:

BigDinthehouse 11-07-2004 03:34 PM

Well...my friend said he got it stated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDinthehouse 11-07-2004 08:06 PM

this is chris i got the car started no banging or claning! so i guess i'll foax with it . I've been saving money for 2yr's to knock down an svx .This is a 92 awd it needs alot i did get screwed but i do have a pile of money that has it's name on it . can you guy's spread the word i need
150 amp alt
i need a rad-fluidyne would be nice
front diff.
I want to get the prototype headlights,rear fenders,front and rear bumpers

Being that I got a non-glazed broomstick up my doody...I need help on this..I work 50 hrs a week and every $ goes to this car from now till Christmas.
In addition I need misc. parts like nuts,bolts etc. and I will pay for good advice.

If I can buy all these parts thru SVX parts.com I am willing to drop $2k or more.

P.S. things for sale are:transmision with 26K rebuilt,wheels off a '92, they dont look that great.

ADVICE,ADVICE,ADVICE,ADVICE.

Kick this around the board....this is a community progect.

Thanks!!

BigDinthehouse 11-07-2004 08:09 PM

UPDATE!! We got the engine fired up..it was loud as ****...and now were are drinking champagne and watching the SVX brochure video!! And we are listening to "Groove is in the Heart":)

ilsegretosvx 11-07-2004 10:06 PM

why are you selling the tranny?

THAWA 11-07-2004 10:29 PM

you're running the car without a radiator?

Beav 11-08-2004 03:48 AM

You've got two months income and you're going to toss it on a basket case? Why not save a few more bucks and buy a really nice one? Sounds like you've already got the spare parts covered.

ilsegretosvx 11-08-2004 09:00 PM

ok I think that my tranny took a dump, so how much for the tranny?

BigDinthehouse 11-10-2004 07:32 PM

Gotta get back on that...I think basically...now ..my friend wants to get it fixed up enough to sell it....and start over
what he asked me to find out was where or who to get a used radiator and an alternator

If it matters....he is in Texas..in the dallas area.