The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18336)

deruvian 04-29-2004 11:41 AM

Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet

As spoken about in the official thread for the Reno meet, a few members are interested in meeting up in Sacramento to drive as a group to Reno. Just imagine... A whole line of SVXen on the freeway for about 2 - 3 hours. :D

So, here is the thread for all that are interested. Let's start a list, and figure out a meeting spot!

1) deruvian

alltrac 04-29-2004 05:08 PM

Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet

1) deruvian
2) alltrac

If for some reason we don't get more people. I can meet you in Auburn.

deruvian 04-29-2004 05:52 PM

Re: Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet

Quote:

Originally posted by alltrac
1) deruvian
2) alltrac

If for some reason we don't get more people. I can meet you in Auburn.

That sounds like an excellent plan to me.

nordique14 04-29-2004 07:30 PM

Re: Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet

1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14

I can meet up anywhere along I80.

Matt

deruvian 04-29-2004 09:18 PM

Re: Re: Caravan from Sacramento to the Reno meet

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14

I can meet up anywhere along I80.

Matt

I'm thinking that somewhere on 80 is the best place to meet. It's the route to Reno, and probably the most convenient for all of us. Since we don't need anything fancy for a meeting spot (we'll probably only be there for what, half an hour?), we should probably just pick a spot that's easy to see from the freeway/offramp.

So far, Auburn is the most convenient place to meet. It's on the way for alltrac and nordique14, and not too far out of the way for me. I suppose we should wait to decide on the meeting spot until more people respond to this thread.

And anyone that's interested, please add your name to the list. We wouldn't want to have left before you even get there! (Yes, I'm willing to wait around for those that are late, stuck in traffic, whatever.)

deruvian 05-03-2004 09:26 AM

Anyone else wanna meet? Anyone? :confused:

zamorush 05-03-2004 12:01 PM

count me in

Ok, I am interested in caravan, sounds like a very good plan.

1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14
4) zamorush

BTW? Who is interested in caravan from Bay Area (San Jose - Milpitas - Fremont areas) to I-80 ? That would be easier to meet at I-80.

nik

deruvian 05-03-2004 12:40 PM

Re: count me in

Quote:

Originally posted by zamorush
Ok, I am interested in caravan, sounds like a very good plan.

1) deruvian
2) alltrac
3) nordique14
4) zamorush

BTW? Who is interested in caravan from Bay Area (San Jose - Milpitas - Fremont areas) to I-80 ? That would be easier to meet at I-80.

nik

Awesome! This little caravan will definitely get us some attention :D

You may want to start a different thread about caravan-ing from the Bay Area. Get more attention that way.

RojoRocket 05-03-2004 04:38 PM

Love to run with you folks, but have tickets and great seats at the Nextel Cup Race that weekend at Infineon. Do have a grand time and be SAFE!! ZERO-tolerance of late on I-80 but for pics you might try the old Sugar-Bowl spur at Norden-Soda Springs to & through Donner Lake. Interesting, mostly slow but terrific views up on top. Wouldn't cost too much time for a diversion.

Glenn:cool:

zamorush 05-03-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Awesome! This little caravan will definitely get us some attention

You may want to start a different thread about caravan-ing from the Bay Area. Get more attention that way.

Thanks for suggestion deruvian, I definetly will, give me some time. I am being slow on everything lately, two weeks left before done with college. You know how they go.... finals in session. he he.

nik

deruvian 05-04-2004 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RojoRocket
Love to run with you folks, but have tickets and great seats at the Nextel Cup Race that weekend at Infineon. Do have a grand time and be SAFE!! ZERO-tolerance of late on I-80 but for pics you might try the old Sugar-Bowl spur at Norden-Soda Springs to & through Donner Lake. Interesting, mostly slow but terrific views up on top. Wouldn't cost too much time for a diversion.

Glenn:cool:

That's a good idea, for sure. Anyone that's comin' have a digicam (or just a nice camera, for that matter)?

nordique14 05-04-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by deruvian

That's a good idea, for sure. Anyone that's comin' have a digicam (or just a nice camera, for that matter)?

Sounds like a good place to test out the new digital camera I bought. There's an overlook that sits high above Donner Lake. Parking lot is small, but should hold us if it's not too busy. The road goes by Sugar Bowl and Donner-Tahoe and then hooks back to I80 in Truckee. We shouldn't have to do any back-tracking.

Matt

deruvian 05-08-2004 12:56 AM

Well, it seems as though all that are interested have posted here. Shall we start planning a meeting spot? I believe somewhere along I80 near Auburn would be the best. It's on everyone else's way, and I can hook up with 80 right there.

NeedForSpeed 05-10-2004 03:26 AM

NASCAR No Conflict

The NASCAR race at Infineon is the weekend following the Reno meet! The Cup race is scheduled for June 25-27.

I may join the group from Sac/Auburn, but as someone said, zero-tolerance for speeders on I-80! My SVX has a difficult time maintaining 'legal' speeds, especially on I-80 on a Friday. One must fly low or just get run over, nothing in between. Dodging all the cars and trucks on a Friday, it is definately a high speed thrill ride to Reno.

What about the original idea of traveling Hwy 50? Or, a couple cars going 80, a couple going 50? I prefer Hwy 88 as the most scenic, and for me, Hwy 88 nearly passes by my front yard. It all depends on how early everyone could get on the road.

RojoRocket 05-10-2004 06:54 AM

How did I get those dates cornfused? Have to reconsider dropping up to Reno after all! Thanks!!:) ;)

Glenn