The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TCM Crack (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45288)

NiftySVX 06-25-2008 07:44 PM

TCM Crack

Anyone still working on this? When are we gonna see someone dump one of these and make a custom one?

I'd pay alot for one with Revised shift patterns, and one that is more willing to downshift, sorta like the new 4EATs do, and for god sake AT OIL TEMP light should come on at like 225 pan temp.... not 304.

Speedklix 06-25-2008 08:09 PM

Re: TCM Crack

...wait are you saying that you want to be warned before your ATF ignites :confused: :D

b3lha 06-26-2008 12:43 AM

I am working on it whenever I get any spare time.:)

I have dumped it to a file and disassembled the program. So far I have successfully made minor program customisations to two TCUs.

It's a hobby for me, not a money making venture. Whatever I find out will be documented here and on my website. In time I will be able to make those changes for you for the price of a EEPROM chip and a beer.

I absolutely agree that the AT OIL TEMP light should be triggered at a much lower temperature.:rolleyes:

I assume you are alreay using Nomake's power mode switch mod?

Trevor 06-26-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 553882)
I am working on it whenever I get any spare time.:)

I have dumped it to a file and disassembled the program. So far I have successfully made minor program customisations to two TCUs.

It's a hobby for me, not a money making venture. Whatever I find out will be documented here and on my website. In time I will be able to make those changes for you for the price of a EEPROM chip and a beer.

I absolutely agree that the AT OIL TEMP light should be triggered at a much lower temperature.:rolleyes:

I assume you are alreay using Nomake's power mode switch mod?

A stimulating post. The forum has become in some areas, far too commercially oriented.

NiftySVX 07-10-2008 08:24 PM

So I've been away but i wanted to check back up on this. I would really like to have a new ecu program, not for "performance" per se but more for better driveability. I find the stock TCU kinda stubborn, like it really would rather not downshift if it doesn't have to.

b3lha 07-11-2008 05:23 AM

Have you tried Nomake's power mode switch mod yet? It makes the car a lot more drivable with no software modification necessary. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

I am still working on the TCU and ECU, but I haven't had much time to spend on it lately. My little girl has started crawling and I spend most of my time supervising her so she doesn't eat stuff that she shouldn't.:rolleyes: When I finish figuring out how to modify the TCU shift patterns I'll post the information here.

You made a very valid point about the AT OIL TEMP light. It should be an easy thing to change and I'm going to do that on my car as soon as I'm sure I've figured it out correctly.

From what I can tell, the overheat shifting mode activates when the temperature rises above 233F and deactivates when it falls below 230F. But I think the light goes on at 244F and off at 238F. I need to do more work on it. The plan is to modify the TCU program so that the temperature limits are in RAM not ROM and then I can tweak them in real time and monitor what happens.

Phil.

NiftySVX 02-27-2009 02:45 PM

So yeah... progress on this yet? I just got my Level 10 Transmission and I'm iching bad for a new TCU

benebob 02-27-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiftySVX (Post 553843)
and for god sake AT OIL TEMP light should come on at like 225 pan temp.... not 304.

Try a shade over 200 degrees as even the best ATFs like Mobil 1 have a flash point of 212. Average ATF is around 206.:D

b3lha 02-27-2009 03:31 PM

I posted some info about how to mod the TCU a while back. LAN posted some improved shift maps.

Your best bet is to buy a ready made one from LAN. I assume he also knows how to change the temperature that triggers the warning light.

See this thread:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46581