The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cold air con - luvinit !! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15560)

grnSVX96 01-11-2004 03:30 PM

Cold air con - luvinit !!

I reckon the SVX has got the best a/c around, we've been having days that are reaching over 40 C with about 70-80% humidity [in sunny hot Qld - with El Nino returning] and the SVX has got to be the best place to be !!:)

Dave from Down Under

Mr. Pockets 01-11-2004 03:56 PM

I've always been happy with my SVX's air conditioning - except when it wasn't working. It turned out that the front of the radiator was jammed full of debris and was keeping air from flowing over the condenser. So the hotter it got outside, the less my AC worked. :rolleyes:

oab_au 01-11-2004 04:11 PM

Re: Cold air con - luvinit !!

Quote:

Originally posted by grnSVX96
I reckon the SVX has got the best a/c around, we've been having days that are reaching over 40 C with about 70-80% humidity [in sunny hot Qld - with El Nino returning] and the SVX has got to be the best place to be !!:)

Dave from Down Under

Yes Dave got to agree with you. Just close the door, set the environment to comfy, sit back and relax.

The Liberty/Legacy is OK, but not a patch on the SVX. You set it, but you are allways adjusting it, too cold, too hot, fan too high, fan too slow. Fiddle fiddle.:)

Nice hot weather, at least there are not many bush fires, rained again to day.:cool:

Harvey.;)

gamblergw 01-11-2004 04:56 PM

R 12

Has anyone converted a 92 from R 12 to 134 A ? If so how does it work? Jim

Phast SVX 01-11-2004 05:07 PM

Thats great. I just left work and its nice and warm here too...almost 25 degrees ferenheit!
phil

Zeppelin 01-11-2004 05:14 PM

Re: R 12

Quote:

Originally posted by gamblergw
Has anyone converted a 92 from R 12 to 134 A ? If so how does it work? Jim
I have.. It doesn't get as cold as the R-12, but it's still much colder than not having any A/C!

Hocrest 01-11-2004 05:18 PM

Re: Re: Cold air con - luvinit !!

Quote:

Originally posted by oab_au

The Liberty/Legacy is OK, but not a patch on the SVX.

I don't know about that, the climate control in my Legacy had the cabin down to about 10F (-12c) this morning with very little effort.:eek:

~*~JenSVX~*~ 01-11-2004 05:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Cold air con - luvinit !!

Quote:

Originally posted by Hocrest

I don't know about that, the climate control in my Legacy had the cabin down to about 10F (-12c) this morning with very little effort.:eek:

LOL mine was at 12F just yesterday... Brrrrr it has been pretty cold lately...

Jen:)

KennEls 01-12-2004 03:26 AM

Re: Re: Cold air con - luvinit !!

Quote:

Originally posted by oab_au

Yes Dave got to agree with you. Just close the door, set the environment to comfy, sit back and relax.

The Liberty/Legacy is OK, but not a patch on the SVX. You set it, but you are allways adjusting it, too cold, too hot, fan too high, fan too slow. Fiddle fiddle.:)

Nice hot weather, at least there are not many bush fires, rained again to day.:cool:

Harvey.;)

Too True, I've been running around in ford's and Holden's during the past few weeks at work, takes for ever to get the cab cold when it's 40 C plus and then you've got to switch them down then up and then down then up and so on. SVX's was great.

Mine needed a recharge and guess what wrong type so I've got to get the whole over haul, that sucks real bad at the moment. So driving with the open air business at the moment, trouble is the moon roof lets the old Qld Sun fry whats left of my brain.

Waiting for the parts to come, can't be soon enough!

Kenn :cool: :rolleyes: :mad:

Seraph 01-12-2004 09:42 AM

A couple of days ago it was -11F in chicago. It's expected to be that low again tonight. Walking back to my car is going to be fun after work.

Mr. Pockets 01-12-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
A couple of days ago it was -11F in chicago. It's expected to be that low again tonight. Walking back to my car is going to be fun after work.
Even the nicest car has complaints at those temperatures. :) Living in VT, my SVX used to make all sorts of creaks and rattles in the winter. Above 0, it's prefectly quiet. :)

Seraph 01-12-2004 10:37 AM

Took a little to start up the Galant. My mtn dew was all frozen when I opened the bottle. :D