The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Check out what i finally got! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4131)

Bwana 05-13-2002 08:08 PM

Check out what i finally got!

I finally got my mount of the Black Buck that i shot in November. I shot it at a ranch of one of my dad's customers down in Texas, about 45 miles from the Mexico border. I hit it from 300 yards, dont remember the kind of rifle i used :confused:.

Pictures are here:
Picture 1
Picture 2

Anyway, thought i would share with you people, if you hate me for hunting, im sorry :( . This is the only real big thing ive ever shot, and probably wont again.

BTW, it's not hanging in my room as you can see. My mom found an old artwork light that she had, and i screwed it up there to put some light on the top. My dog is freaking out!! Gotta go.

Mr. Pockets 05-14-2002 12:19 PM

I'm not really into hunting. I don't hate anybody for doing it - I just don't see the appeal. I'm not going to say that it's exactly a point-and-click thing to shoot an animal (I know it requires some knowledge and skill), but I hardly think it's sporting, either.

Now if you chase 'em down with a rock, that's a sport. :)

This, of course, doesn't apply to the games I play. I'll shoot every friggin' thing that moves and love every second of it. :)

Aredubjay 05-14-2002 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm not really into hunting. I don't hate anybody for doing it - I just don't see the appeal. I'm not going to say that it's exactly a point-and-click thing to shoot an animal (I know it requires some knowledge and skill), but I hardly think it's sporting, either.

Now if you chase 'em down with a rock, that's a sport. :)

This, of course, doesn't apply to the games I play. I'll shoot every friggin' thing that moves and love every second of it. :)

Being from where I'm from, I have absolutely nothing against hunting.

I do have a problem with killing an animal JUST for its head. I hope, if you don't have the meat in your own freezer, and/or you don't plan on consuming it, then, it went to a needy family, and the pelt went to a worthy cause (read: not the rip-off tourist trade).

Bwana 05-14-2002 02:00 PM

We ate the meat that night, and sent some left overs to my cousins. I dont know what happened to the pelt.

Good philosophy Cheif Randy. (the Native American way, use everything)

Aredubjay 05-14-2002 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
We ate the meat that night, and sent some left overs to my cousins. I dont know what happened to the pelt.

Good philosophy Cheif Randy. (the Native American way, use everything)

In that case, nice kill, nice trophy. :D

Green1995SVX 05-14-2002 07:13 PM

I will keep my ultra-liberal opinions to myself.

-Mike

(my first post in almost a week :D)

Ron Mummert 05-14-2002 08:41 PM

What'n hay-ill is that thang? I mean it ain't a deer, it ain't a moose, & can't be an African antelope...from Texas? You sure that critter ain't just an elk with aftermarket horns?
Oh, no... now we got riced ruminants!
What a country.
Ron.

Beav 05-14-2002 09:45 PM

It looks to me to be a Blackbuck Antelope (from India.) There's many exotic game ranches in Texas and the southwest.

Aredubjay 05-14-2002 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
What'n hay-ill is that thang? I mean it ain't a deer, it ain't a moose, & can't be an African antelope...from Texas? You sure that critter ain't just an elk with aftermarket horns?
Oh, no... now we got riced ruminants!
What a country.
Ron.

:D ROFL :D

Uncamitzi 05-14-2002 11:06 PM

Working my magic

To end this very off topic post:rolleyes:

wasions 05-14-2002 11:44 PM

Re: Working my magic

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi
To end this very off topic post:rolleyes:
Notsafast, Mitch. :)

"We" ate the meat that night? How big was that we, if you only had a few leftovers? Any chance you might have inadvertantly ate the pelt, too? :eek:

Friends don't let Carnivorous Giants drive SVX's. ;)

Bwana 05-15-2002 06:40 AM

Re: Re: Working my magic

Beav, you are correct, once again

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

"We" ate the meat that night?

Friends don't let Carnivorous Giants drive SVX's. ;)

There was about 12 of us, but there was also chicken as an alternative, so there was still some left overs :cool:.

solarsvx 05-15-2002 10:39 AM

lmfao

good good mr pockets,, thats a idea, hunt them down with sticks and rock, i think here a new olympic event going on here, tee hee

wow , hunting, never said i have done it or seen it, , not patients here for that ,, hmm does hunting for hot latina babes count, tee hee,,

Uncamitzi 05-15-2002 01:34 PM

I'll try again

I just think that there should be an end to this thread here. Could we take it to maybe.... I don't know ... killing bambi .com????

Beav 05-15-2002 06:03 PM

Funny you should mention hunting by hand. There is a 'sportsman's' area called River Ranch, south of Orlando and just west of a little town named Yeehaw Junction. Each year they have a hog hunt (wild hogs) and the participants are only allowed their dog and one knife. Not exactly my kind of sport, but there are people that seem to enjoy it....