The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fronts sway bar end links comparison - Mini Cooper vs SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57755)

alia176 07-03-2011 09:46 PM

Fronts sway bar end links comparison - Mini Cooper vs SVX

1 Attachment(s)
I just installed a set of used Mini Cooper sway bar end links from another forum member and took a picture for people who are wondering the size differences. This is a plug and play!

Mini end link on the left, SVX on the right. The hardware is NOT compatible; the nuts from the SVX will not work on the Mini threads.

Cheers.

Sean486 07-04-2011 06:06 AM

Re: Fronts sway bar end links comparison - Mini Cooper vs SVX

So the extra length doesn't matter?

michael 07-04-2011 06:28 AM

Can u post part #'s for future reference.

Hocrest 07-04-2011 08:09 AM

A quick search on Rock auto for 2005 Mini Cooper "Stabilizer Bar Link" gives MEVOTECH Part # MK80499 along with some other choices. The rear link looks like the one for us.

Price is between 16 and 28 depending on manuf.

jcimos 07-04-2011 09:14 AM

Have you tried making homemade end links? I made some for my car out of polystyrene and they work great.:D

icingdeath88 07-04-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 680843)
So the extra length doesn't matter?

Nah, there's quite a bit of wiggle room it looks like. The rears even more so.

Hocrest 07-04-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcimos (Post 680852)
Have you tried making homemade end links? I made some for my car out of polystyrene and they work great.:D

And I made some chicken and corn on the grill last night. I would love to see your plastic version of the front SVX endlink...

svxcess 07-04-2011 10:11 AM

And then there are THESE

Similar to Nevin's Heim link ends, but seemingly without the reported problems. I like the thicker bar.

b3lha 07-04-2011 02:03 PM

I hear Mitsubishi Carisma end links also fit - but slightly long like the Mini ones.

I'm using Vauxhall Omega (aka. Cadillac Catera) links, which are exact length but need the anti roll bar drilled out a couple of mm to accommodate the thicker bolts (not easy).

benebob 07-04-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 680859)

And then there are THESE

Similar to Nevin's Heim link ends, but seemingly without the reported problems. I like the thicker bar.

Now find some rose jointed end links for better movement.:rolleyes::D The adjustability is nice but I don't think most people have the ability to adjust properly, just with dual adjustable struts or shocks.:D

alia176 07-04-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 680889)
Now find some rose jointed end links for better movement.:rolleyes::D The adjustability is nice but I don't think most people have the ability to adjust properly, just with dual adjustable struts or shocks.:D

Heavy duty end links are fantastic if you're racing the car (auto crossing, wheel to wheel, etc). For the rest of us who simply like the car for what it is, the OEM end links do great. You can't beat the availability of the Mini links vs $50/each from Subaruparts.

I'm not a fan of heim ends for anything other than competition rock crawlers or auto crossers; simply not a fan of dirt getting into these and having to clean and maintain them periodically.

I may want to build a set for the rear Nevin's bar using items from Midwest Controls Ball joints Let's see how motivated I really am!

Anyway, I posted the pics for others who may be looking for an alternative sway bar end links for their rides.

Cheers.

aust92pearl 05-11-2012 05:56 PM

BOOM !!!!!!!!
CHEAPNESS :D:cool::lol:;):rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Two-Adjus...item2eb25529f1