The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dash warning lights (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45397)

PureSVX 07-05-2008 07:03 AM

Dash warning lights

Ok so last night had a little scare, 4 of my warning lights kept flickering at me my abs, bat, steering, and tail lamp anyone ever had this happen it was fine this morning running.

dcarrb 07-05-2008 07:25 AM

Re: Dash warning lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureSVX (Post 555148)
Ok so last night had a little scare, 4 of my warning lights kept flickering at me my abs, bat, steering, and tail lamp anyone ever had this happen it was fine this morning running.

You probably need an alternator, or the alt. drive belt is loose.

dcb

Hocrest 07-05-2008 08:05 AM

If you can go without the car for a few days, I always recommend finding a local automotive electrical shop and getting your alternator rebuilt. The quality will certainly be better than an advance/zone/boys rebuild and the price will be cheaper than a quality unit from the dealer. Last one I had done was a little over $100.

PureSVX 07-05-2008 09:35 AM

Grr I swear I've had this car for 3 months and not a month has gone by that I've not fixed something on it. I'd like to knock the guy out that sold it to me. I've always wanted one too thats what really kills me about this.

CorSVXette 07-05-2008 10:23 AM

Just give it some time. With a little love and attention, you will love this car.

dcarrb 07-05-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureSVX (Post 555155)
Grr I swear I've had this car for 3 months and not a month has gone by that I've not fixed something on it. I'd like to knock the guy out that sold it to me.

ANY old car is going to require constant attention.

dcb

kwren 07-05-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Grr I swear I've had this car for 3 months and not a month has gone by that I've not fixed something on it. I'd like to knock the guy out that sold it to me. I've always wanted one too thats what really kills me about this.

Makes sense to me!
Drive it for 3 months and dash lites come on? I am on your side:rolleyes:
When he wakes up, give him a good one for me.:lol:

Don't have a clue how many miles on your car but many other brands would be in car heaven, or car hell, whichever they go to by now!

Seriously, since the SVX was way ahead of it's time, it is a complicated animal and many times... acts like it.

I wanted the first one I saw in 1992 but $35,000 wasn't a part of my world.

If you get the alternator done right, you "shouldn't" have to cross that bridge again, ever.

Hope things work out well for you.

Wish the best for you,
Keith:)

Hocrest 07-06-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

In the first 4-5 months I had my car, it was not drivable for 2 days in a row. That's been 4 years ago...

At the time, it was painful and expensive. Looking back, I'm still glad I bought the car.