The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   speed related thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36784)

Speedklix 01-03-2007 12:11 AM

speed related thread

....just got pulled over for doin 5 mph... under the limit :rolleyes:
asked if I was going slow because I was drinking... I have not but even if I had, who says yes to that??? :confused:

Maybe I was driving slower because of the car that crossed over my lane about a minute prior? Why are they never around for that? Why does the guy driving consistantly and within the law get questions, while the speeding and probably drunk idiot that had to have driven right by the cop "slip away"??

He was nice and doing his job and all i guess... i'm more just like, the irony, more than complaining about the officer.

Earthworm 01-03-2007 06:19 AM

He just wanted to know what kind of car you drove :)

Speedklix 01-03-2007 03:41 PM

uhhh, thats not a subaru! better check this out... :)

Speedklix 01-03-2007 03:43 PM

Thanks for the calender BTW Dave! Slapped it on the wall as soon as I got back from florida. :D

NikFu S. 01-03-2007 08:25 PM

I agree, I think he just wanted to check out your ride.

ensteele 01-04-2007 12:21 AM

What kind of Honda is that anyway? :confused: :rolleyes: :o :D :D

subi-crosser 01-04-2007 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix
asked if I was going slow because I was drinking... I have not but even if I had, who says yes to that??? :confused:

Maybe I was driving slower because of the car that crossed over my lane about a minute prior? Why are they never around for that? Why does the guy driving consistantly and within the law get questions, while the speeding and probably drunk idiot that had to have driven right by the cop "slip away"??

He was nice and doing his job and all i guess... i'm more just like, the irony, more than complaining about the officer.

I have been known to be 'overly cautious' when driving on a highway that I share with IDIOTS!

We have a 'community' in our 'hood' that has made Readers Digest top 10 speed traps list! Ridgley W va.

If it wasn't for sunday beer sales and Nelsons car lot, we could avoid this community entirely!! We could make the Maryland owned bridge ONE way, so the citizens could escape, and NO hapless tourests would be victimized by the 'keystone kops' that inhabit the place!

I SEE the community everyday, but have not VENTURED there for over a YEAR!! It's about 100 FEET off my beaten trail.

Yea, you can be stopped for doing under the speed limit and Ridgley, West Virginia is the only place on my horizon is where it happened!

dcarrb 01-04-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

asked if I was going slow because I was drinking... I have not but even if I had, who says yes to that???

If this happened at a time and/or in an area in which DUI or possession arrests run high, you probably got "profiled" as someone being conspicously overly-cautious.

dcb

Speedklix 01-04-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
If this happened at a time and/or in an area in which DUI or possession arrests run high, you probably got "profiled" as someone being conspicously overly-cautious.

dcb

I assumed that is what happened. Until little over a year ago this was a dry town, but I was coming from the direction of the town which holds the highest bars/space ratio...

It isn't new to me, although I think I've only been pulled over one other time for driving slow. I was just a little :confused: about the other car around the corner.

...this is a real type R officer, see the sticker.

svxistentialist 01-04-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

I assumed that is what happened. Until little over a year ago this was a dry town, but I was coming from the direction of the town which holds the highest bars/space ratio...

It isn't new to me, although I think I've only been pulled over one other time for driving slow. I was just a little :confused: about the other car around the corner.

...this is a real type R officer, see the sticker.

You should have told him you were sending a text message to your Mom because you would be home late!!:rolleyes:

Joe