The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX in Raleigh Area (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29987)

hexadec0079 12-01-2005 01:31 PM

SVX in Raleigh Area

I know this may be qualified for the SE Area, but no-one goes there. So I saw a green SVX with tan interior at a local speed shop (Phantasm). I was just wondering how many SVX's are in the Raleigh area. Pics, so I can wave next time I see you would be nice.

AppStateSVX 12-01-2005 02:57 PM

I will be in Raleigh in about 3 weeks........ :D

John19688 12-01-2005 03:16 PM

The head Subaru mechanic at Southern States Subaru, Quincy, drives a red 1994 LS. He's one of the few mechanics in the state who was actually trained by Subaru on how to repair SVXs.

There's a green 1995 in Cary in the Kildaire Farm area. I know there are a couple of burgundy SVXs in Durham. There used to be a red SVX LSi in Cary but I haven't seen it for a few years.

On rare occasions, I've seen a couple more.

That's all I know of.

hexadec0079 12-01-2005 03:18 PM

yeah ive only seen the green one in my message, a clean red one, and the one at the lot i'm preparing to purchase

immortal_suby 12-01-2005 04:49 PM

I am pretty sure greenmarinesvx is in Raleigh now. He posts in the nasioc SE region alot.

Chiketkd 12-01-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexadec0079
yeah ive only seen the green one in my message, a clean red one, and the one at the lot i'm preparing to purchase

What color is the one you're about to purchase?

-Chike

GreenMarine 12-01-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
I am pretty sure greenmarinesvx is in Raleigh now. He posts in the nasioc SE region alot.

Yes, Sir... I sure am :D:D:D That wasn't me though... My SVX is an L.... Believe me though, you'll know me when ya see me ;);) I live down near Gorman street.. South of NC State... If youguys that live in the local area (and there are a few of ya!!!) wanna start coming out to some NASIOC meets and Dinners that we are having, LET ME KNOW!!!! I'll pass the word onto ya!! As of now, I am the only SVX that shows up to them :rolleyes: We need MORE!! :D:D

GreenMarine 12-01-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John19688
The head Subaru mechanic at Southern States Subaru, Quincy, drives a red 1994 LS. He's one of the few mechanics in the state who was actually trained by Subaru on how to repair SVXs.

There's a green 1995 in Cary in the Kildaire Farm area. I know there are a couple of burgundy SVXs in Durham. There used to be a red SVX LSi in Cary but I haven't seen it for a few years.

On rare occasions, I've seen a couple more.

That's all I know of.

I need to get ahold of that Mechanic!!! I have been having electrical issues and I need to talk to someone that really knows the car... If ya know him personally, please let me know!! :) Thanks :)

hexadec0079 12-02-2005 06:51 AM

yeah im in for some NASIOC meets, also Chike: the SVX i'm buying is a '92 Green with dark grey leather

Chiketkd 12-02-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexadec0079
Chike: the SVX i'm buying is a '92 Green with dark grey leather

Cool. I'm *considering* a red '95 in NC even though it has about twice the miles I'd like. I'm going to see what cars are available in January of '06 and start making some decisions.

-Chike

P.S. Good luck with the purchase! :)

hexadec0079 12-02-2005 03:27 PM

thanks, by the by, what should I look for as far as the car goes what should I look for. I know its got a new tranny (12k old) and the whole car is very clean with minor rust in the trunk. I looked under and saw now rust in fenders or rockers. On the test drive, it was quiet (good wheel bearings) with no hesitation (good tranny) and is undoubtably fast! Is there anything else that I am forgetting. When I get it on a lift what areas should I look at?

Earthworm 12-02-2005 03:51 PM

Article - "What to Look For in a Used SVX"

It can be found in the SVXipedia on http://svx-iw.com as well as the how-to locker.

John19688 12-05-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX
I need to get ahold of that Mechanic!!! I have been having electrical issues and I need to talk to someone that really knows the car... If ya know him personally, please let me know!! :) Thanks :)

Quincy has been the mechanic for my Subarus since 1984...he's been there that long! He's a good guy and would probably be fine with coming out of the shop for 5 minutes and talking about your car. If you want to try to fix the problem yourself, he can probably quickly give you the first and second places to look. And if you want it fixed by someone else...he'll do it right.

Although Southern States charges dealer prices for their repairs, they have never tried to do a repair that wasn't necessary. In fact Channel 5 news did a story a few years ago on repair shops in the Raleigh area that try to get you to have unnecessary stuff done to your car. Southern States was the ONLY one in the report that gave them back the car and said nothing was wrong with it.

Tell Quincy that John Rowe suggested you speak to him.