The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercharged Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Going Supercharged! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23364)

GJSVX 12-22-2004 12:00 PM

Going Supercharged!

Well, I know a few people have tried to supercharge, but I have found a "blitz" jdm supercharger that will hopefully work on my svx. Comes with an intercooler (Even though I thought those were mostly for turbos???) but I will keep everyone posted on the status of the project. Should be getting the supercharger by the 5th of the new year :) . Then its just installation I have to worry about :( , well we will see how that goes later though!

svxfiles 12-22-2004 12:08 PM

Good luck with the project.:D Keep your eye on the brass ring. Tom

GJSVX 12-22-2004 12:10 PM

Thanks, and in sounding ignorant, what brass ring?:o
I might not know exactly which you are talking about

svxfiles 12-22-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GJSVX
Thanks, and in sounding ignorant, what brass ring?:o
I might not know exactly which you are talking about

"I am happy to be able to help with the origin of brass ring:

Victorian-era carousels would offer a prize to the lucky child who could grab a brass ring just barely out of reach as the horses spun around.
Reaching for the brass ring took enough courage. Grabbing it was something else." [H.G.]

It is an expression meant to encourage a person, to stay focused, and ignore any naysayers.

GJSVX 12-22-2004 12:56 PM

AH, much thanks there svxfiles:D

RSVX 12-22-2004 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxfiles

"I am happy to be able to help with the origin of brass ring:

Victorian-era carousels would offer a prize to the lucky child who could grab a brass ring just barely out of reach as the horses spun around.
Reaching for the brass ring took enough courage. Grabbing it was something else." [H.G.]

It is an expression meant to encourage a person, to stay focused, and ignore any naysayers.

It wont happen, I call BS!!

LOL :D:D:D:D:D

You know I just HAD to after that post!!!!

Chiketkd 12-22-2004 03:37 PM

Chris,

Good luck w/ your Supercharged-intercooled SVX project! Some S/C kits come with an intercooler - the S/C Ford Lightning, Cobra and GT all come with intercoolers...

-Chike

Gt-Four195 12-22-2004 04:41 PM

No offense, but you might want to read up a little more on forced induction before you attempt this. I'm basing this off of your intercooler statement, so I suggest you do lots of research.

drivemusicnow 12-22-2004 05:24 PM

all i have to say is you're in for one hell of a trip.. good luck.

The key is to remember all the details though...

SEA Sleeper 12-22-2004 05:25 PM

Supercharger Heaven (white zombie reference, I couldn't help it)

Congrats on the purchase of your SC. I'm interested to hear your ideas on how you plan to modify the A/F ratios to make your suby run reliably. You might need to richen up the mix a little as you'll be forcing in more air. The USDM SVX runs frighteningly lean stock.

Where do you plan to mount this bad boy and how will the boosted air reach the intake plenum?

What SC kit did you buy? any pictures? After a brief search, I've only found a few Toyota applications. I also noticed that the SC kit sold from Blitz comes w/ a programmed ECU for the SC application on late model celicas and Scion's.

I can't wait to see a Supercharged EG33!

GJSVX 12-22-2004 08:49 PM

Re: Supercharger Heaven (white zombie reference, I couldn't help it)

Quote:

Originally posted by SEA Sleeper
Congrats on the purchase of your SC. I'm interested to hear your ideas on how you plan to modify the A/F ratios to make your suby run reliably. You might need to richen up the mix a little as you'll be forcing in more air. The USDM SVX runs frighteningly lean stock.

Where do you plan to mount this bad boy and how will the boosted air reach the intake plenum?

What SC kit did you buy? any pictures? After a brief search, I've only found a few Toyota applications. I also noticed that the SC kit sold from Blitz comes w/ a programmed ECU for the SC application on late model celicas and Scion's.

I can't wait to see a Supercharged EG33!

Well, right now I have a stage 2 chip in it, but that might now work for the supercharger, If not, I will have to have one custom made (there goes more $ :( ) It is going to have a "wraparound" intake, which will take the air in from 2 locations and meet up at the supercharger after going into the intercooler, which at this point Im not sure if the intercooler will be larger enough, as it is only rated to a 3.5l, but thats a little close for me, but I guess for now it will have to do. No pics yet, sorry, once I get it I will take a couple and post them.

drivemusicnow 12-22-2004 10:03 PM

you send the air throught the intercooler... after the supercharger... otherwise you're not cooling the air... maybe i just read that wrong... but i'm going to agree with gtfour... i think before you try something this umm.. adventuresome??? do LOTS and LOTS of reading.

Chiketkd 12-22-2004 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by drivemusicnow
you send the air throught the intercooler... after the supercharger... otherwise you're not cooling the air... maybe i just read that wrong... but i'm going to agree with gtfour... i think before you try something this umm.. adventuresome??? do LOTS and LOTS of reading.
Funny that's how I read it as well. ;)

GJSVX, in a S/C intercooled engine the intake air flows as follows:

Intake system -> Supercharger -> Intercooler -> Engine

I'm sure in your excitement you'd like to get started on this project right away, but definitely take a step back and spend at least 1 week researching intercooled supercharger kits and talking with people who have installed them...

-Chike

GJSVX 12-23-2004 09:15 AM

That Is what I was trying to say, I re-read my post and it didnt come out right, thx for watching out for me :) . I'm doing lots of reading right now on this, so hopefully it will help out the installation of this project.

GJSVX 12-23-2004 07:39 PM

Anyone with any tips or past experience or any other comments please post!