The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Transmission and Drivetrain (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   DCCD controller installed (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39308)

TomsSVX 06-10-2007 09:15 PM

DCCD controller installed

Well svxfiles pointed me towards a do-it-yourself DCCD controller on Nasioc... I took a look and then purchased the $30 kit... Built the chip-board and began the nightmare that was wiring... Stumbled across a short but all is well as far as I know right now.

Link to Nasioc thread w/ all particulars

Instead of buying a DCCD scroll wheel, I wired the controller into my dash dimmer switch for easy adjustment on the fly. My dash lights are always on full blast anyway so I left them that way. Still need to take closer measurements but right now it is set to a decent setting that I do not think will cause any issues with overheating the coil. I will really only be using it at the track and on the dyno. Finally that tranny is worth more than just burnouts:D

Tom

ensteele 06-10-2007 09:29 PM

We will be interested in how it works and what you think of it. :) :)

SVXRide 06-10-2007 09:43 PM

Nice!:cool: :cool: Now, why don't you start wiring up MegaSquirts for the masses;) :D
-Bill

SSSVX 06-10-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Instead of buying a DCCD scroll wheel, I wired the controller into my dash dimmer switch for easy adjustment on the fly.

This is a good idea.....can you adjust it while shifting gears? :cool:

TomsSVX 06-10-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSVX
This is a good idea.....can you adjust it while shifting gears? :cool:

Yes... Thats why its there

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Nice! Now, why don't you start wiring up MegaSquirts for the masses
-Bill

No, the megasquirt is a far inferior engine managment system. If I go standalone it will not be a megasquirt

Tom

DarknessofDeath 06-11-2007 10:29 AM

dccd controller? ~ i got one of those in my car. dont really know how to use it to it's potential though..

TomsSVX 06-11-2007 11:29 AM

in what car?? What trans do you have??

Tom

DarknessofDeath 06-11-2007 03:48 PM

jdm 6 speed - that's why i pm'ed you about something a number of weeks ago - shift stick related (dont remember what right now)

i picked up this car in april...just never announced it here on the network. it's actually a previous network member's car. there was a thread a while back in the cars for sale with it on ebay.

TomsSVX 06-11-2007 05:48 PM

gotcha... I talked to Spiider on Nasioc and he said someone had ordered a controller from him for an SVX... Must be urs

Tom

Kelvin 06-11-2007 06:14 PM

Tom: AWESOME idea with the dimmer switch. :) I love 'stealth' mods like that. Kudos to you!

dynomatt 06-11-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

No, the megasquirt is a far inferior engine managment system. If I go standalone it will not be a megasquirt

Tom

Why is this Tom? What would you use if you had the choice?

Matt

TomsSVX 06-11-2007 06:28 PM

I personally have no need for a standalone because of LAN making the stageIII. The JEcs has a 16 slot load plot versus the 8slot for Megasquirt... I feel the Jecs system was made for precision and Megasquirt for easy tuning

Tom

dynomatt 06-11-2007 06:43 PM

By Jecs do you mean the standard ECU?

In my situation, the extra smarts of the Jecs doesn't facilitate more power, nor a better driving rally car. In my view, for JECS it's all about the emissions...which I'm not so concerned about.

I'd consider a Motec or Autronic but again, the tuning function is harder. The megasquirts autotune function is pretty impressive. We were able to do a complete installation and tune it on the road in about 2 hours. We went to the dyno and just played around with some settings which only netted a few more HP....the road tune was that good.

Matt

TomsSVX 06-11-2007 07:22 PM

Precision is your friend... Thats why I would rather the Jecs(stock ECU) over the megasquirt... Believe me, sometimes ease is better but not when it comes to getting the best bang

Tom

DarknessofDeath 06-12-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

gotcha... I talked to Spiider on Nasioc and he said someone had ordered a controller from him for an SVX... Must be urs

Tom

no, when i bought the car, it was 6 speed with the dccd already in it.
i hoping to make a trip down to the US this summer..maybe i'll swing by the two tom's place this time