The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Want to see what an SVX looks like after it hits a deer on the highway at 65mph? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54888)

speedr 06-23-2010 11:13 AM

Want to see what an SVX looks like after it hits a deer on the highway at 65mph?

3 Attachment(s)
I encountered a deer on the I-90 last week as I was heading home. The deer was about to finish crossing the highway so I began switching lanes in order to avoid this deer. Sure enough, as soon as that deer saw me and the onslaught of cars and semis heading in its direction, it turned 180 degrees and booked it straight into the passenger side of my car. After spinning out of control for a few hundred feet, I managed to regain control of my vehicle, pulled over to the side of the road and reported what had happened to the state troopers.

Now I have the fun task of see how much it'll cost to repair my SVX. So here is a short list on parts that I know that I need:

-Headlight Assembly
-Hood
-Front Fender
-Radiator Fan

If anyone can help me out or is parting out there SVX let me know what you may be able to help me out with...

huck369 06-23-2010 11:24 AM

Re: Want to see what an SVX looks like after it hits a deer on the highway at 65mph?

Ouch...sorry to hear about it...

Wikedjuggalo 06-23-2010 11:31 AM

Re: Want to see what an SVX looks like after it hits a deer on the highway at 65mph?

I am surprised at how little damage is there to be honest you are lucky. I have the headlight but you can probably find a decent pair being sold here.

Green1995SVX 06-23-2010 11:51 AM

Could have been worse! I have a pair of headlights if you'd like to come get them. (Erie PA)

pearlm30 06-23-2010 02:14 PM

I have extra radiator fans, grill and corner light. PM me if interested.

michael 06-23-2010 05:24 PM

That sucks friend, what happened to the deer?

1986nate 06-23-2010 05:29 PM

I have a hood and set of fenders but shipping might suck unless you have any ideas.

Freeman 06-23-2010 08:16 PM

I imagine the deer exploded...

As for thw front fender, you could honestly bend it back into shape. Not that bad.

ensteele 06-24-2010 12:21 AM

It probably left a mark on the deer. I see some fur in there. :eek: :o

speedr 06-24-2010 11:27 AM

I did pretty damn good damage to that deer, but it was splattered all over the road by the semis following close behind, and I really do appreciate the replies. I will be PMing a few of you if I haven't already.