The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   help! tried my best, still can't find where security module located (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26424)

TopGun2000 05-25-2005 10:57 PM

help! tried my best, still can't find where security module located

Hi,

My SVX is red, 94 LE model, FWD. manufactured in 09/93

I tried to look it up at service CD which I bought on Ebay and even ordered PDF version from Subaru website. Still had no luck.

I was told the bad module should be found inside trunk. Someone said that I just need to slide some lock open and find the module under gray trim. But I checked all the places, no easy way to open any cover inside trunk. Any one know how to do it? weird... Any illustration?

Thanks a lot!

sharky512345 05-25-2005 11:03 PM

the earlier models had the security module behind the glovebox, and the later ones it was in the trunk. I do not know what year they changed over, but I'm just saying that it could be behind the glovebox.

svxcess 05-25-2005 11:16 PM

The security module on the 94's and up were mounted to the bottom of the rear deck inside the trunk, between the rear speakers. It is covered by the gray carpeted trim piece, with an opening access panel. You'll see to slide locks in the gray trim in the roof the the trunk. Slide those back, the access door opens, and you can see, remove, or adjust the module.

Other things in the same area are the seat belt timer, the fuel pump modulator and the rear wiper relay.

lhopp77 05-26-2005 09:16 AM

94 Le?

I doubt that your LE has a security module. It would have been an option and not standard for that model. The electrical connection will be there to attach one, but the module will not be.

I have been wrong though--but my 94 LE does not have the security system.

Lee

TopGun2000 05-26-2005 12:44 PM

I couldn't see the access door there. But I did find the seat belt control unit because when I accidentally unpluged it, the auto seat belt wouldn't work. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
The security module on the 94's and up were mounted to the bottom of the rear deck inside the trunk, between the rear speakers. It is covered by the gray carpeted trim piece, with an opening access panel. You'll see to slide locks in the gray trim in the roof the the trunk. Slide those back, the access door opens, and you can see, remove, or adjust the module.

Other things in the same area are the seat belt timer, the fuel pump modulator and the rear wiper relay.

TopGun2000 05-26-2005 12:48 PM

yeah, you might be right. I was wondering how come I couldn't find the easy way to access the module like other people did. The lid-roof was bolted by some plastic screws with two big holes for speakers. :mad:

I hope I can put in the module I bought on Ebay once I eventually open it with a lot of trouble. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77
I doubt that your LE has a security module. It would have been an option and not standard for that model. The electrical connection will be there to attach one, but the module will not be.

Lee

TopGun2000 05-27-2005 10:16 AM

too bad, nothing there, not even all the electrical connections

weird, manual mentioned that there is a security system

Quote:

Lee

TopGun2000 05-27-2005 10:17 AM

I guess I have to open the glove box to figure it out. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
the earlier models had the security module behind the glovebox, and the later ones it was in the trunk. I do not know what year they changed over, but I'm just saying that it could be behind the glovebox.

red95svx 05-27-2005 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopGun2000
I guess I have to open the glove box to figure it out. :confused:

The module was in the trunk in 94, but don't waste your time looking for it. Your car was built without a security system and therefore has no security module. The module was added by the dealer if the customer wanted to add the security system.

Dave

red95svx 05-27-2005 10:35 AM

Quote:

too bad, nothing there, not even all the electrical connections

weird, manual mentioned that there is a security system

Manuals are written to cover all versions of a particular car. Some of the information you find may not apply to you.

Dave

lhopp77 05-27-2005 11:03 AM

Transition Year

The 94 was a transition year so you will find some things like the later models and some like earlier models. For example, some 94s have dual airbags and some only have the driver bag. So, you need to look where the 94 and afters were mounted for elecrical connections as well as where they were mounted for earlier 92s and 93s. If I can dig out my shop manuals I will try to find the electrical system location for it.

Lee

TopGun2000 05-28-2005 07:25 PM

Hmm... if you could do a favor for me and check it that will great.

I know my car was made in 09/93, VIN: JF1CX3238RK101022 :D

Quote:

The 94 was a transition year so you will find some things like the later models and some like earlier models. For example, some 94s have dual airbags and some only have the driver bag. So, you need to look where the 94 and afters were mounted for elecrical connections as well as where they were mounted for earlier 92s and 93s. If I can dig out my shop manuals I will try to find the electrical system location for it.

Lee

TopGun2000 06-03-2005 09:16 AM

So I can't just put in a control module since all the wiring is missing? :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx
The module was in the trunk in 94, but don't waste your time looking for it. Your car was built without a security system and therefore has no security module. The module was added by the dealer if the customer wanted to add the security system.

Dave

Conn SVX 06-03-2005 11:00 AM

Is this some thing that would repair my no working door lock security mod. on my 92?

red95svx 06-03-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

So I can't just put in a control module since all the wiring is missing? :mad:

That's not what I said. I said the dealers added the module.....the wiring is all there.

Dave