The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fwd Fuse (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5587)

petesvx2 08-25-2002 06:15 PM

Fwd Fuse

when you put in the fwd fuse is there a light indicating this that illuminates when the fuse is in? if so where is this light.

petesvx2 08-25-2002 06:18 PM

ah hah

cancel that question...i have figured it out, but does fwd mode hurt anything if used for a short period of a couple days?

Boone 08-25-2002 06:34 PM

Re: ah hah

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
cancel that question...i have figured it out, but does fwd mode hurt anything if used for a short period of a couple days?
No problem, the feature is designed for running on the donut for short periods.... but no autocrossing. :p

petesvx2 08-25-2002 06:36 PM

which is exactly my purpose...the fuse will be in place until i have the new rubbers on. thanks for the help

Motorsport-SVX 03-26-2003 09:36 PM

going to Dyno my car

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
which is exactly my purpose...the fuse will be in place until i have the new rubbers on. thanks for the help
What fuse box do you install the fuse ?
what location ?
or should i just look in my owners manuel ?? :)
thanks....Dayle

jsvxstyle 03-26-2003 09:58 PM

Re: going to Dyno my car

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

What fuse box do you install the fuse ?
what location ?
or should i just look in my owners manuel ?? :)
thanks....Dayle

it in the front bonnet, remove fuse cover. or better yet do you still have the fuse layout sticker on the black cover

NomadTW 03-26-2003 10:01 PM

so the svx has a fwd fuse....
what years have it?

if it's anythign like the impreza (sorry to compare again, but i know a lot abotu them), then the fuse can be run indefinately, w/o any harm to anything, it just throws the center diff into full fwd bais, and it disables the awd transfer clutch so that it does not transfer power anywhere,
however, the imp is very undrivable w/ it in, there's tooooo much torque, i can't imagine how bad it is in the svx...

jsvxstyle 03-26-2003 10:03 PM

all years i believe, except the fwd model svx

SVXdriver_007 03-26-2003 10:03 PM

This question seems to come up quite a bit on other Subaru forums...From what evryone says itsfor emergency use only.

From my understanding this is only for Automatics since in Manual AWD is mechanicly controlled, I'm not sure about this though simply repeating what I've read.

jsvxstyle 03-26-2003 10:05 PM

whats project 007 rev 1

Motorsport-SVX 03-26-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
This question seems to come up quite a bit on other Subaru forums...From what evryone says itsfor emergency use only.

From my understanding this is only for Automatics since in Manual AWD is mechanicly controlled, I'm not sure about this though simply repeating what I've read.

But Dyno-ing my car IS an Emergency !!! LOL

jsvxstyle 03-26-2003 10:12 PM

Quote:

better be.:D

SVXdriver_007 03-26-2003 10:19 PM

Nothing...anymore I was going to buy this car from a girl (before she wrecked it) but that got a bit hosed except it taught me a valuable lesson DONT LEND MONEY TO FAMILY IF YOU REALLY WANT IT BACK
The car was basicly in alot better shape then the one I picked up I figured it would make a better platform for my big plans (also slightly derailed). The black one has a large laundry list of problems but like my dive shirt says "When the will is strong , and the team is strong, everything else is easy" I want it bad and I found a pretty motivated mechanic :rolleyes: . I swear the cat has oil running through him...Now I won't say I saw him drink oil, but one time I walked into his garage and he had a bottle of 10w-30 in his hand and was whyping his mouth with the back of his sleave.:D :D
Any way we're gonna fix her up with a bit of help from Dayle and hopefully smallcar, oh and my bankroll.

SVXdriver_007 03-26-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:

But it won't be an accurate dyno you'll be in retard mode...you saying there is no AWD dynos around?

jsvxstyle 03-26-2003 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
Nothing...anymore I was going to buy this car from a girl (before she wrecked it) but that got a bit hosed except it taught me a valuable lesson DONT LEND MONEY TO FAMILY IF YOU REALLY WANT IT BACK
The car was basicly in alot better shape then the one I picked up I figured it would make a better platform for my big plans (also slightly derailed). The black one has a large laundry list of problems but like my dive shirt says "When the will is strong , and the team is strong, everything else is easy" I want it bad and I found a pretty motivated mechanic :rolleyes: . I swear the cat has oil running through him...Now I won't say I saw him drink oil, but one time I walked into his garage and he had a bottle of 10w-30 in his hand and was whyping his mouth with the back of his sleave.:D :D
Any way we're gonna fix her up with a bit of help from Dayle and hopefully smallcar, oh and my bankroll.

lol i just pictured that scene
if i can be a help let me know