The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tonight........ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5890)

I_Alcyone_I 09-12-2002 01:26 AM

Tonight........

I walked out to my car just now at 12:15am. and what I saw absolutley stunned me. Sitting there was a beautiful car that I am whole heartedly proud to call my own. I don't know why but every now and then I just look at my car and I can't believe that I own something so great. It is one of the few things in my life that I am proud to say is mine.

I just really had to say that, I love my car.

Aredubjay 09-12-2002 08:48 AM

Re: Tonight........

Quote:

Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
I walked out to my car just now at 12:15am. and what I saw absolutley stunned me. Sitting there was a beautiful car that I am whole heartedly proud to call my own. I don't know why but every now and then I just look at my car and I can't believe that I own something so great. It is one of the few things in my life that I am proud to say is mine.

Yeah, you've got it bad. JUST LIKE ME!! When I sit out on my porch I sit and stare at my cars (used to be car). My kids will catch me and say, "Dad, you're doing it again." Having one was amazing, having two is . . . well it's . . . it's kinda like . . . it's . . . INDESCRIBABLE! :D:D:D:D

Seraph 09-12-2002 08:56 AM

Re: Re: Tonight........

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Having one was amazing, having two is . . . well it's . . . it's kinda like . . . it's . . . INDESCRIBABLE! :D:D:D:D
I know what you mean.

Ca$h 09-12-2002 11:23 AM

When you guys are running errands or anything, do you park kinda far away to avoid door dings? I do, but then when walking towards the store I'm always looking back at my car. HeheHEhe.

- Ca$h

Mr. Pockets 09-12-2002 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ca$h
When you guys are running errands or anything, do you park kinda far away to avoid door dings? I do, but then when walking towards the store I'm always looking back at my car. HeheHEhe.

- Ca$h

That's the double benefit of parking far away from the store - fewer door dings and the walk back. :D

Aredubjay 09-12-2002 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ca$h

- Ca$h

I have tripped over many a shopping cart, for this very reason. :D

mohrds 09-12-2002 12:02 PM

<<I have tripped over many a shopping cart, for this very reason. >>

I've seen you walk. You bumping into things has nothing to do with looking at your car, unless you're looking at weatherstripping.

:D :D :D

Doug

Aredubjay 09-12-2002 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
<<I have tripped over many a shopping cart, for this very reason. >>

I've seen you walk. You bumping into things has nothing to do with looking at your car, unless you're looking at weatherstripping.

:D :D :D

Doug

LOL! Yes, but I was examining the weatherstripping after an altercation with a can containing a curious "widget!" :D:D

ensteele 09-12-2002 06:13 PM

That is Wedgie Randy. The can goes in the Wedgie!
I have found it difficult to trip and roll on the ground gracefully enough to make it look like I did it on purpose. Usually after about a dozen people come running to my aid, I point to my car and yell "Look! Is that a SVX?" When they look around at my car, I run into the store. :D

Seraph 09-12-2002 07:00 PM

Quote:

"widget!" :D:D

You know you were looking at the ball. Just say it. You know, I know, we know. :D :D :D :D

Lwin

lee 09-12-2002 08:20 PM

my wife thinks cars and bikes are just transportation

As I park in my garage, the bumper is about four feet away from my Norton Commando. It's pretty hard to describe to an "outsider" how I feel about looking at the design lines for certain machines - oh sure, it's publically acceptable to hang a painting and stare at it for hours, but a car or bike?

Maybe the most valuable thing about this forum to me is so I don't feel so all alone (everybody must get stoned - sorry, way off topic - apologies to B Dylan).

vzSvx 09-12-2002 10:26 PM

Re: Tonight........

Quote:

Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
I don't know why but every now and then I just look at my car and I can't believe that I own something so great. It is one of the few things in my life that I am proud to say is mine.

I think I'm obsessed with my car. Some people think I'm weird because after I park my car I would stand there and stare at her and keep looking back as a walk away. My brother thinks I worship my car. He caught me talking to my car, then he suggested I should see a therapist. LOL :D

I just love her so much. She's just the most beautiful thing I ever owned.

wasions 09-12-2002 10:37 PM

Re: my wife thinks cars and bikes are just transportation

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
oh sure, it's publically acceptable to hang a painting and stare at it for hours, but a car or bike?

Well said, lee. I've always thought of my SVX as a gift from God. Now I'm waiting for him to get me something from the early seventies with two wheels and 'Isolastic' vibration damping. :) (No, I don't mean my wife.) :D

Aredubjay 09-12-2002 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

You know you were looking at the ball. Just say it. You know, I know, we know. :D :D :D :D

Lwin

Well, the can said "widget." I didn't know widgets were balls until I took my pocket knife and sliced open the . . . ooooo . . . I'm feeling queezy. :D

Seraph 09-13-2002 12:40 AM

Quote:

Well, the can said "widget." I didn't know widgets were balls until I took my pocket knife and sliced open the . . . ooooo . . . I'm feeling queezy. :D

I recall it well. You had a grin on your face when you took your knife out. With a single stab, you poked it and took the ball out. ahhhhhhh! :(
:D

Lwin