The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tornadoes and Storms across the Heartland (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59334)

LarryIII 02-29-2012 06:53 PM

Tornadoes and Storms across the Heartland

I saw on the news tonight that tornadoes and very bad storms had set down across many states and did much damage.
Rosie and I hope that all the SVXers plus their friends, families, houses, and cars are all AOK.

Huskymaniac 02-29-2012 08:16 PM

Re: Tornadoes and Storms across the Heartland

We are getting thunderstorms right now. I knew the dry weather wouldn't last. :(

Landshark 02-29-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 698294)
We are getting thunderstorms right now. I knew the dry weather wouldn't last. :(

:trollface: pull that Triderpa into the path of an oncoming tornado, because its so goddamn goofy-looking, the tornado will change direction! :trollface:

LOLOLOLOL

1986nate 02-29-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 698305)
:trollface: pull that Triderpa into the path of an oncoming tornado, because its so goddamn goofy-looking, the tornado will change direction! :trollface:

LOLOLOLOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Huskymaniac 02-29-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 698305)

LOLOLOLOL

What value do you add to this forum and this planet exactly? You are like the obnoxious uncle that gets invited to Thanksgiving dinner because mom feels bad about "what happened to you".

Landshark 02-29-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 698309)
What value do you add to this forum and this planet exactly? You are like the obnoxious uncle that gets invited to Thanksgiving dinner because mom feels bad about "what happened to you".

I provide the forum with posts, and the planet with methane.

What do you provide, besides trolling EVOs and displaying what fluids you dump in your cars?

Please add your favorite flavor of wiper fluid to your signature.

subi-crosser 03-04-2012 09:23 PM

39 dead? Since the 'tornado season doesn't start for a few more weeks, we just gotta wonder what's NEXT!!
I can't imagine what it's like to lose everything plus family members in a couple seconds! Not a laughing matter!! Crap gets deep in a hurry!
I've helped mop up after floods. Not a pretty sight. When you have to drag your car out of the front of a building, it can't be fun. When your 2 year old sister is found alive in a field behind your foundation that your house used to sit on, but your body is placed in the morgue, Plus your parents it has to be bad! That 2 year old has NO one! She just went from a child with a family to an ORPHAN! That HAPPENED over the last few days!
This is NOT a place to poke 'fun'!! Families are DYING!

Just MY opinion!!

Chuckls 03-04-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 698714)
39 dead? Since the 'tornado season doesn't start for a few more weeks, we just gotta wonder what's NEXT!!
I can't imagine what it's like to lose everything plus family members in a couple seconds! Not a laughing matter!! Crap gets deep in a hurry!
I've helped mop up after floods. Not a pretty sight. When you have to drag your car out of the front of a building, it can't be fun. When your 2 year old sister is found alive in a field behind your foundation that your house used to sit on, but your body is placed in the morgue, Plus your parents it has to be bad! That 2 year old has NO one! She just went from a child with a family to an ORPHAN! That HAPPENED over the last few days!
This is NOT a place to poke 'fun'!! Families are DYING!

Just MY opinion!!

THat child died at Korsair today....

All of what you see on the news was within 20 miles of my house, and was friends w/ the family that you are speaking about. (if we're talking about the Salem, IN child)

All I got was hail and rain. (I was on the outskirts of the "supercell')

subi-crosser 03-04-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckls (Post 698718)
THat child died at Korsair today....

All of what you see on the news was within 20 miles of my house, and was friends w/ the family that you are speaking about. (if we're talking about the Salem, IN child)

All I got was hail and rain. (I was on the outskirts of the "supercell')

I sat in A Ford pu 10 years ago and watched a tornado 'skip' me. It flattened 15 houses west of me and ripped the roofs off of 20 more, then hit the mountain and landed 8 miles east. My daughter layed on the floor as the hail beat that truck. I turned it to the east so the windshield didn't come in on us!
That was my 'tornado' experience! Since we were between 2 mountains, I'm still here to aggervate you with my insite.
That is the child/ family I was refering to. I'm glad that your area survived. I grieve with the people that lost everything.

SilverSpear 03-05-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 698310)
I provide the forum with posts, and the planet with methane.

What do you provide, besides trolling EVOs and displaying what fluids you dump in your cars?

Please add your favorite flavor of wiper fluid to your signature.

Same Ol' funny Alan!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dcarrb 03-05-2012 06:17 AM

My daughter came over Saturday, and I noticed her car was covered with bits of plant matter, like string-trimmer debris. I asked:

You been weed-eatin' around your car?

"No... that's from the storms."

It had been parked in a carport nearly enclosed on three sides.

Could be a long spring.

dcb