The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   we're the champs!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41018)

n00b on demand 10-01-2007 06:48 AM

we're the champs!!

finally after 14 years my phillies finally won the NL east and are going to the playoffs!!

CorSVXette 10-01-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b on demand (Post 496978)
finally after 14 years my phillies finally won the NL east and are going to the playoffs!!

Well, I am a MET fan and the only thing that stops me from going over the edge is looking outside and see my SVX sitting outside. Don't want someone sitting in my drivers seat:lol:

Evil One 10-01-2007 08:01 AM

I always find it hillarious when fans say "we" won. :lol:

Jim

Landshark 10-01-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOMOGO (Post 496986)

Jim

i find it hilarious that people actually get excited about BASEBALL. :lol:

JaySVX 10-01-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 496992)
i find it hilarious that people actually get excited about BASEBALL. :lol:

I find it hilarious that people actually get excited about SPORTS.

I dropped my kids off at my ex-wife's house last night, in NE philadelphia. People were screaming everywhere, blowing their horns, and making quite the ruckus. I had no idea what was going on, but wished they would simply be quiet, so i cranked my radio up to the hits of the early 90's, and patiently drove through the rediculious traffic, dodging pedestrians at every traffic light...

I don't care for sports, but what i really hate is the fans that absolutely lose control over the dumbest things. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a riot as much as the next guy, but please, more pillaging and less fires and beatings.

TomsSVX 10-01-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b on demand (Post 496978)

yea boy!!!!!!!!!!! LOL if you lived in philly, you would realize what a HUGE deal this is.

Tom

budbaer 10-01-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 496994)
yea boy!!!!!!!!!!! LOL if you lived in philly, you would realize what a HUGE deal this is.

Tom

I lived on Mt Washington, right in the city of Pittsburgh when the Steelers won the Superbowl and it was a huge deal. The whole city exploded with energy and celebration.

Enjoy your win and I wish you guys luck in the playoffs and beyond. If there's going to be a World Series Champion in this decade from Pennsylvania, it's going to have to be the Phillies. Seeing how the Pirates have sucked so bad for so long.

TomsSVX 10-01-2007 11:36 AM

point is... how long has it been since a philly team won a chamionship?? I mean we had a god damn parade for the phillie's 10,000 loss:rolleyes: this is HUGE

Tom

n00b on demand 10-01-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 496994)

Tom

I was there all weekend...i was at the game saturday and yesterday

n00b on demand 10-01-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOMOGO (Post 496986)

Jim

Yeah WE won. The fans are apart of the team just like anyone else...we pour money into the franchise. If we don't buy tickets and merchandise how would the front office be able to sign players and pay everyone? So yeah WE won :rolleyes:

n00b on demand 10-01-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 496993)
I find it hilarious that people actually get excited about SPORTS.

I dropped my kids off at my ex-wife's house last night, in NE philadelphia. People were screaming everywhere, blowing their horns, and making quite the ruckus. I had no idea what was going on, but wished they would simply be quiet, so i cranked my radio up to the hits of the early 90's, and patiently drove through the rediculious traffic, dodging pedestrians at every traffic light...

I don't care for sports, but what i really hate is the fans that absolutely lose control over the dumbest things. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a riot as much as the next guy, but please, more pillaging and less fires and beatings.

Wow you can't be serious. :lol:

Evil One 10-01-2007 07:06 PM

Hope you didnt sprain anything going after a ball :lol:

Jim

PaulDexler 10-01-2007 07:12 PM

City Uproar

I'm not a stick & ball game person myself, much to the disgust of my father, who played on his college baseball team. He was a native New Yorker, and could not fathom how anybody could get excited about cars. (He was a lousy driver, too.) Anyway, I was in Italy, in Milan, once when the Italian team won the European soccer championship. You couldn't hear yourself think for two days, as people roared around the city waving flags, screaming, blowing horns, and generally making as much noise as possible. It calmed down after a couple of days.
P.

TomsSVX 10-01-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b on demand (Post 497093)
I was there all weekend...i was at the game saturday and yesterday

What THE ****!!!! you were in town all weekend and never thought, hey TOM lives here, maybe I should give him a call??? You DOUCHE!!!:p:lol:

Tom

n00b on demand 10-01-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 497123)
What THE ****!!!! you were in town all weekend and never thought, hey TOM lives here, maybe I should give him a call??? You DOUCHE!!!:p:lol:

Tom

I had to remain focused. I been a philly fan since i was 3 years old. I been making trips to philly since then for games all year long. This weekend meant more to me than the birds even making the super bowl back in 05. This phils team reminds me a lot of the 93 team that went to the world series. Game 2 is at 3 PM on thursday....I MIGHT be in town for that if I can get tickets from my cousin.