The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Power Belt Issues (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9029)

Green1995SVX 02-27-2003 10:00 AM

Power Belt Issues

Hey all-

For the last couple of months I've been driving my neighbor's 92 SVX that has the power seat belts. The drivers side all of the sudden decided to stop moving all together. It stays in the back position, and hitting it, or attempting to guide it has no affect on it. It doesnt make a noise. It just stays there. The passenger belt works just fine. Any ideas?

Mike

ensteele 02-27-2003 10:33 AM

Mike

I had the same problem, same belt, but it only stays in the forward position. I started to have problems with it after I started to have problems with my battery. I am going to put a new battery in, and let the switch reset (manual states that it needs to be done sometimes) and see what happens. In the back position, you can at least use it and unbuckle it to get out. If you find out anything, let me know. I'm wondering the same thing. Every once in a while it tries to work, but will not. I have used the tool and moved it to the back position, and it will move forward again, but not back. :mad:

wawazat?? 02-27-2003 10:59 AM

So, let me get this straight.....

you're driving Don's car and you broke it? Nice!

Todd

I've got parts if you determine what you need.

Green1995SVX 02-27-2003 11:01 AM

Re: So, let me get this straight.....

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
you're driving Don's car and you broke it? Nice!

Todd

I've got parts if you determine what you need.

No no no! It just stopped working. I didnt break it! Now let's make sure thats straight! ;) ;) :D

Mike

wawazat?? 02-27-2003 11:02 AM

whatever:rolleyes:

ensteele 02-27-2003 11:26 AM

If you are driving a car, and it stops working, did you break it, or did it just stop working? :confused: :)

benebob 02-27-2003 11:46 AM

Power belt issue

First and easiest step is to reset the control unit. You just need to pull a battery cable for a couple of minutes so that it powers down. After that just hook it back up and that should reset it! If that doesn't work I'd try to manually unwind it. If its like the XT theres a special tool that goes into a cover in front of the rear seat. then shut the door (you'll want to have the door oven while doing it or the motor will fight you). If that doesn't work let me know I'll give you some more things to try.

Green1995SVX 02-27-2003 05:23 PM

I told Don about those steps. I'll keep yinz posted with regards to the results.

mIKE

oab_au 02-27-2003 08:01 PM

Re: Power Belt Issues

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Hey all-

For the last couple of months I've been driving my neighbor's 92 SVX that has the power seat belts. The drivers side all of the sudden decided to stop moving all together. It stays in the back position, and hitting it, or attempting to guide it has no affect on it. It doesnt make a noise. It just stays there. The passenger belt works just fine. Any ideas?

Mike

Easy fix Mike,

I'll send you a RHD steering wheel, you can sit over there and steer. :D

Harvey.:D