The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   All switch lights not working (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47082)

Blacky 11-29-2008 02:45 PM

All switch lights not working

None of the tiny lights in any of my switches work. I just replaced the switches to the left and right of the steering column and still nothing. The ones in the overhead don't work either. The 7 bulbs in the dash gear selector, power light, manual light and ABS check code light also are off.
The bulbs can't all be burnt and the ones I've checked visually seem to look fine.
My ABS and airbag warning lights are both on and the AWD is not working. I can't check the ABS and transmission codes because the lights don't work. The airbag code is for the module which I replaced yesterday but I think the replacement module is also no good because of an accident.

Manarius 11-29-2008 04:59 PM

Re: All switch lights not working

There is a fuse for those lights. I don't remember which one it is though. Have you checked that?

Blacky 11-29-2008 05:37 PM

There's 1 fuse for all the tiny lights? That seems odd but I'll check the fuses again. I think there are deeper electrical issues with this car.

kwren 11-29-2008 07:48 PM

could maybe be fuse #26... 15 amp... behind left side of dash?

Next would be why it is bad, if it is?

Blacky 12-01-2008 02:29 PM

Fuses are all good. How can all the gear selector lights be burnt at once. All the overhead lights too. The car must have had a power surge or something before I owned it. Almost everything electronic is messed up and the car is totally electronic.

kwren 12-01-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 574367)
Fuses are all good. How can all the gear selector lights be burnt at once. All the overhead lights too. The car must have had a power surge or something before I owned it. Almost everything electronic is messed up and the car is totally electronic.

You checked all the fuses in all the different fuse locations?

Even under the left side of the dash... Visual check or actually tested them to find out if they are really good?

If your car was messed up when you got it, that puts everything in a different prospective.:(

kwren 12-01-2008 07:34 PM

No interior lights when the door, left or right, is opened?

Again... could maybe be fuse #26... 15 amp...or #25 10 amp behind left side of dash?

Carefully test all fuses in fuse box behind left side of dash.

Blacky 12-01-2008 08:33 PM

The interior lighting works, dome light, map lights, visors etc. It's the backlight bulbs in the overhead switches , seven gear selector bulbs in the dash, power light, manual light, ABS(which doesn't work) light under passenger seat, on light for defogger and cruise (which doesn't work). All the warning lights except power light up when the key is turned on.
I tried swapping fuses in both fuse boxes. It's a head scratcher. I do all my own repairs but electrical is not my cup of tea nor most mechanics it would seem.

kwren 12-01-2008 10:24 PM

out of time today:( will keep looking tomorrow evening...
Keith:)