The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I'm alive! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55636)

McTaff 10-03-2010 05:02 AM

I'm alive!

Hey guys. I've been off the radar for a while, trying to get my life in a semblance of order. My wife gave birth to a lovely baby girl, but then her health took a bit of a minor turn (all fine now) and have been having difficulty (our normally supportive family are triapsing around Europe!) but everything is on the rails. Currently gathering the strands of our lives one at a time. I did have going concerns on the board with a couple of members before the life became a whirlwind of fury, and I apologise for being off the air.

I'm in Sydney, but working full time which keeps me busy all weekend. My daughter is 18 weeks old and keeps me very busy for the other 2 days a week and then some. The is a car capsule mounted in the rear of the SVX :)

To anyone who had a business interest, please contact me and I will endeavour to rectify my position (if I recall it was Matt and Viking - I did try to contact via sms a while back but no answers?)

The pearlie still has the minot electrical problem - draining the battery if left longer than a few days and killing it (currently dead). The other two burgundy cars are on hold regarding any restoration work until Dad gets back from his holidays, and the charcoal is currently on blocks until he gets back also.

Good to see activity here in the Down Under section, good to see some new faces, too! Although I am still very busy, I will pop in from time to time and stay up to date as best I can.

Cheers all!

ensteele 10-03-2010 11:17 AM

Re: I'm alive!

Good to see you back and I hope all goes well for you. Congratulations on the birth of you new one. They do tend to keep one busy! :lol: :lol:

aust92pearl 10-04-2010 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 659361)
Good to see you back and I hope all goes well for you. Congratulations on the birth of you new one. They do tend to keep one busy! :lol: :lol:

+1 :D:D:D:D

viking64 10-04-2010 04:12 AM

G'day Pete,
Same here - still alive.

Jason (JDW) calls in every now & then to see if I'm still pumping the red stuff - he called in today actually for a spare p/steering hose - don't know why 'cause he's got 2 svx and does'nt drive either of them :barf:

About time we got together for a run - before xmas - let's plan for November, can you book in for a Sat off work Pete?

got your messages - just been flat out myself - started a new job and all that
- but will get you to look into a item from JB if you know what I mean:cool:

cheers
Bruce

JDW-SVX 10-06-2010 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking64 (Post 659396)
'cause he's got 2 svx and does'nt drive either of them :barf:

.........I do drive them..........occasionally.........!

:D:rolleyes:

Good to see you are still with us - we REALLY need to organise a meet up and drive!

The last meet up that we had was back in December 2006!!!

:eek:

.........remember this?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/.../IMG_29361.JPG

:D

Jason.

McTaff 10-07-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking64 (Post 659396)
G'day Pete,
Same here - still alive.

About time we got together for a run - before xmas - let's plan for November, can you book in for a Sat off work Pete?

got your messages - just been flat out myself - started a new job and all that
- but will get you to look into a item from JB if you know what I mean:cool:

cheers
Bruce

Organise a run? November? Done. I'm dying to get one in.
I am looking into dates now and will post back in a few days. Will also post up prospective routes, and see where the interest lies.

As for 'looking into something', that's also a given. Let me know what it is and what you want, and I can make it happen. Flick me an SMS ;)

McTaff 10-07-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDW-SVX (Post 659550)

DAMN that was a fun day.

Now I gots itchy feet and palms.

SVXMichelle 10-10-2010 01:17 PM

mine is pearl!

McTaff 10-13-2010 04:56 PM

Still trying to sort out a date - likely to be late in November. Because I work weekends, it's a feat to organise a day off!

Hi Michelle! Nice to see a fellow pearlie.