The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Airwaves rant. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43014)

Noir 01-28-2008 07:11 PM

Airwaves rant.

Well they just did it. They killed the only radio station I would tune to whenever I wanted something new to listen to after 15 years.

Yet another reason I need to move out of here.

I was flipping though the channels to see if any other station had any music remotely similiar to what they used to play and nothing has come up the past few days. Hearing Justin Timbercrap on that frequency really has some damaging effects....

Hocrest 01-28-2008 07:15 PM

Time for sirius...

ensteele 01-28-2008 07:50 PM

Yes Noir, get serious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Landshark 01-28-2008 10:31 PM

i don't listen to the radio anymore, except for hockey games at work.

80Gig iPod full of music i like is mah personal radio station.

subi-crosser 01-29-2008 12:48 AM

!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 524101)
Well they just did it. They killed the only radio station I would tune to whenever I wanted something new to listen to after 15 years.

Yet another reason I need to move out of here.

I was flipping though the channels to see if any other station had any music remotely similiar to what they used to play and nothing has come up the past few days. Hearing Justin Timbercrap on that frequency really has some damaging effects....

The only thing that has kept me sorta sane for the last year at work is a very loud dell keyboard. I have a particularly anoying co-worker that thinks that she can sing and or humm! This useless person even humms the LAST song heard on the BOOORRRING radio station during the talking commercials!

The number one dispatcher asked me if I really had to hit the keys so hard when I was doing my work. I told him that I did it to DROWN out THE MINDLESS dribble coming from her work station! If I couldn't retreat to the Subaru and blow the 'Karen Carpenter' out of my mind with a dose of Nickleback through the subi-premium speakers, I don't think I could survive the 4 hours that we share the same AIR!

I run a fan over my ears when the temp is in the 50's. That allows me to tolerate the 'hostile working conditions' till I can get back to the Subi!

I WISH that some people had enough taste to realize that the human body can only suffer 'Mac the Knife' 2 times in a 48 hour period!

We have quality radio. I only have 20 YEARS in, so I can only control the radio when all the BOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGG people LEAVE!

Imagine....... a BOSE radio pushing out BARBRA STRISDAN!!!AAAAARRRRGGGG!!Q

Landshark 01-29-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 524186)
The only thing that has kept me sorta sane for the last year at work is a very loud dell keyboard. I have a particularly anoying co-worker that thinks that she can sing and or humm! This useless person even humms the LAST song heard on the BOOORRRING radio station during the talking commercials!

Jerry, you definitely need an Annoy-A-Tron.

Tomodachi 01-29-2008 02:40 AM

Tomodachi

I have been enjoying comerical free internet radio for the last ten years. Three years ago I bought a WiFi Internet Radio for 300 USDollars shipping to Japan included. I work for Uncle Sam (No Internet Radio) on their computers. Over 10,000 stations to choose from. I carry it to and from work since I listen to it at home as well.
Enjoy The Music!
Charles Yost
Sasebo City, Japan

dcarrb 01-29-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 524101)

You must be referring to the demise of 99X.

Hey, up here, if you put the radio on SCAN, you get country, country, country, pop-country, country...

My cars' antennas don't get much use.

dcb

immortal_suby 01-29-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 524159)
i don't listen to the radio anymore, except for hockey games at work.

80Gig iPod full of music i like is mah personal radio station.

:chike:

I haven't turned my tuner to the radio option in a long long time. Just the mp3 player on shuffle is all I use.

Hondasucks 01-29-2008 10:58 PM

I listen to (mostly) classic rock, with some country and other stuff every now and again.. There used to be like, 4 good classic rock stations around here... In high school, the one I listened to the most (Earth 105) got bought out, and since the company that bought them out already had a classic rock station, they changed the format to like, soft rock :barf: crap.. Then the other good station (The Hawk) which I liked cuz they played more 80s music, also changed to soft rock barfo crap, and later to some family-friendly variety station.. The two remaining classic rock stations, KLOO FM, and KZEL, do pretty good, but KLOO plays a fair amount of new music that sorta fits in with the classic stuff, be it new songs by old bands, or former members of old bands, or new bands/artists that kinda fit in (but it's not 100% old school rock), and KZEL touts itself as "Oregon's Real Rock" and play old rock, new rock, and 90s alternative.. While not all bad, it's not all "classic rock"..

We do have 2 radio stations now, Bob FM (105.5) and Charlie FM (97.1) that are those "Whatever" variety stations, which I like since I listen to just about anything, but neither one comes in very well in Corvallis. (Funny thing is 105.5 is the frequency for Jack FM in Denver, which is the same "random" format) Bugs me, I used to get that station out of Denver when I lived in Laramie, WY (150 miles) better than I get Bob (Portland, 60 miles) or Charlie FM (Eugene, 45 miles)

We definitely have no shortage of country stations around here, all 6 of the presets in my wife's Impreza are country ( and there are others she'll switch to) annoys me cuz I like a little VARIETY, and the country stations around here play like, the top 40 and that's it, so if you station-hop you're pretty much guaranteed to hear the same song at least twice an hour.

JaySVX 01-30-2008 03:29 AM

My SVX and my Legacy have 6disc changers. Both are loaded with the same 6 cd's, a compilation of great songs from my 90's top 250 collection, and my 80's top 1000 collection. It's all random, so it retains the element of surprise like the radio does, has nothing but the greatest songs, and no comercials. Every once in a while i forget, and think to myself, wow, this station is awesome, what one is it? Then I look, and realize it's my cd's.

Noir 01-31-2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb (Post 524221)
You must be referring to the demise of 99X.

Hey, up here, if you put the radio on SCAN, you get country, country, country, pop-country, country...

My cars' antennas don't get much use.

dcb

yeah. the past few years, 99x has been kinda sucking, but i did enjoy the time they were playing 1000 different songs back to back with a commercial every hour.

i normally listen to mp3's but i like to flip on the radio every so often to hear something different. guess i'll have to go with sirius.

what i do know is that we don't need another damn top 40's station....