The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Angela's car on E-bay (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39653)

Phil Hill 07-03-2007 08:02 AM

Angela's car on E-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-SUBARU-SV...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not connected with the sale, the car was traded by Angela about 3 weeks ago.

Not sure about the order of the services listed as Angela had the car serviced by Ricardo Emilliani after we bought it so it won't be that mileage or date, more like 97K, and RRR is another trading name of Ricardo's so not sure about that one either........

Apart from that, there it is.

Phil.

svxistentialist 07-03-2007 11:40 AM

I was just about to post this Phil.:)

You beat me to it.

I hope you guys will be at the JAE anyway, car or no car.

BTW, if it wasn't for the rest of the SVXs I have already, I would be first up for this one, very well minded. I hope it goes to somebody who will care for it like you guys did.

Joe:(

Phil Hill 07-10-2007 02:07 AM

New Owner !!

Just to let you all know I have been in contact with the purchaser of Angela's old car. He seems happy with his purchase and I sent him as much history of the car as I know. He said he has joined the forum, will post soon, and hope's to make it to JAE in a couple of weeks time.

Phil.

svxistentialist 07-10-2007 02:10 AM

Nice one, Phil.

It will be good to keep PCH in the fold.

Joe:)

Matt_Wiltshire 07-10-2007 02:30 PM

The new owner!

Hi

I just thought I'd better introduce myself as I am now the owner of this fine car (or my wife is!)

First impressions are I'm really impressed. Drives straight, nice and quiet :) (especially compared to a "Legacy GTB with loud exhaust and duff rear wheel bearing").

Come accross first hiccup, took it out one one of the hot days (21 degrees it said) and a/c doesn't work (I had been warned). I got one of the cans from Halfords and didn't put much in as I could hear it coming out. It looks like the condensor has rusted though. Any ideas on where I can get a replacment?

Going to just enjoy driving for time being before getting bitten by the bug of upgrading. I spent 4 hours reading the supercharging post - have any UK owners done the upgrade?;)

Hopefully I will make it to JAE although work is a nightmare at the moment so don't know if I'll be working or not.

Hope to meet some of you soon

Matt

svxistentialist 07-10-2007 03:07 PM

WELCOME!!!

Matt.:rolleyes: :D

Hi Matt, you are very welcome to the club. You have got a nice car there, well cared for.

I think I can get you a condenser. I'll make some enquiries and get back to you.

Modify the car:eek: :eek: :eek:

We don't allow that here!!

Joe;) :)

Nobody 07-11-2007 10:50 AM

Come on Joe, you have not modified any of your SVXs before?:-)
But anyway welcome on board and of course agree with Joe, these cars are old for doing any mods, they looks much more better in perfect original shape (original color, original wheels...).
Only allowed mods are these concerning AT to allow owner not spent fortune for regular rebuilds:-)))
BTW I have problem with AC as well and can not solve it. There is no error code, it is working fine in normal temperatures around 25C but in really hot days around 35C it is not working and just blowing hot air....
It was re-filled, cleaned, checked several times.
Petr

svxistentialist 07-16-2007 07:15 AM

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink

I was joking Petr.:p

Did you not see the winky smilie??:)

I can't figure out your problem. You say it shows no codes. Can I presume from this you know the routine for the A/C codes, how to make the system check itself?? [By this I mean A/C codes do not show up on the Check Engine codes, they run off a different computer]

See this document: Aircon diagnostics

What it would suggest to me your system is not fully charged with refrigerant maybe. Or you have a problem with the refrigerant pump[compressor]. During certain "fault" situations, the pump does not switch on. You should be able to check if it is turning, and so pumping, under the hood. Have you checked if the magnetic clutch is actually turning the pump in these high temperature situations when the system is only pumping hot air??

Joe

Nobody 07-16-2007 10:00 AM

I have winkies there as well:-)
I know how to get codes out, as I wrote system was several times checked for leaks, fully loaded and compressor is working. It seems it is just not blowing cold air and switch to blow outside air:-(. Fortunatelly there are not too many days when it behaves like this but sitting at 35C in "green house" with blowing hot air inside into my face is not really what I would like to have...
Maybe I will try to replace as it with the system in my spare care...
BTW it was 1M USD idea to buy another car for parts, I has already save me a fortune....
Petr

PS: Now we have 39C so using only company car as at SVX I would be fried in a minute

svxistentialist 07-16-2007 10:45 AM

Suggestion:

Fully charged system and compressor working would seem to indicate possible electronic fault.

Is it possible you have a dry joint? Some wire that is giving a bad connection when the temp in the car is very high? Or possibly some circuit in the AC computer that only goes bad when the car interior is very hot?

My suggestion is you leave the car in the open, and let it bake. When it is fully hot inside, THEN run the AC diagnostic, and see if it comes up with a code. It might just indicate your problem.

In the case that it does not give you a code in these conditions, then rather than change in the complete system from your spares car, would it not make sense to just swap in the AC computer or control unit from the other car? This might be easier.

bwb3 07-17-2007 11:34 AM

My fully charged system and working compressor also blows hot air. Ran the AC diagnosis and it indicated a fault with the air mix door (code 31). It's located on the bottom of the heater unit. Haven't attempted the fix yet.
Gene

SVXRide 07-17-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3
My fully charged system and working compressor also blows hot air. Ran the AC diagnosis and it indicated a fault with the air mix door (code 31). It's located on the bottom of the heater unit. Haven't attempted the fix yet.
Gene

I was just going to suggest this!
-Bill

Nobody 07-18-2007 04:09 AM

Me as well :-)
Petr

svxistentialist 07-18-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody
Me as well :-)
Petr

Me as well, Petr?? :rolleyes:

Did you pull code 31 then? Is this the answer to the problem?:confused:

Thanks Bill, thanks Gene, I was taking it as given there were no codes.

Nobody 07-20-2007 03:42 AM

Not displaying code do not mean it is OK:-). What I wanted to say is that it seems to me it is more some "mechanical" problem with someting what is responsible for mixing air so the air mix door could be it or resp. way how it is opened and closed. There maybe problem with climate control unit as well. Anyway it is full of medium and compressor works and cools. Issue is in some days it does not blow cold air but rather outside air. Seems sun sensor is working... maybe some gremlin is sitting down there:-)
Petr