The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Insurance Coverage does everyone have? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27357)

pnyklr 07-15-2005 11:48 AM

What Insurance Coverage does everyone have?

My insurance is like $3200 a year here in NY (a chargeable accident and ticket back in 2002 that dont come off until 2/06)

I decided today to put comp (fire/theft) on the SVX and full glass coverage
(duh)

Whats everyone else have as far as coverage?

(They wouldnt give me full glass coverage without the comprehensive)

gsodonis 07-15-2005 01:29 PM

State Farm

State Farm
Stats: 41, multiple line discount (3 vehicles, home insurance), zero claims, Knoxville TN, 1992 SVX, full coverage, 250 Comp, 500 Collision = $295 every six months.

red95svx 07-15-2005 01:31 PM

$3,200. Wow. That's insane.

Myself, on the other side of the spectrum living in a cow town and having a spotless record, I pay about $700 to fully insure my SVX (fire/theft/vandalism/collision/glass).

Basic insurance for my Outback is less than $300:)

Dave

UberRoo 07-15-2005 02:12 PM

State Farm, 25, clean record, Multi-car, Multi-line, no claims. My base is $528 yearly, but I've added lots of personal injury protection and protection for my passengers and I have plenty of uninsured and underinsured motorist protection also. All that bumps my total up to $702 yearly. I don't have comprehensive coverage, but my skin is covered. I figure autobody shops are cheap compared to human-body shops.

SVXtra 07-15-2005 02:49 PM

I have full coverage thur State Farm on my cars. I do not own a SVX. I have been driving since the summer 1967 with no accidents or speeding tickets. My policy is a little high because my son is insured on my IS300 and GS300 at $3,200 a year including myself. But he is not allowed to drive the Shelby.. ;)

thundering02 07-15-2005 04:25 PM

Esurance.com yeah its an online site but as is I'm 21 with 2 speeding tickets on my record... 5years? and for liability only I just payed $72.08 :eek: :D Oh and I live just on the clean side of the line to 8 mile so to speak.

pavanbabut 07-15-2005 06:15 PM

St.Paul/Travelers Insurance

I pay $67.78/month for 11 months with 1 month free for a total of 1 year.
I got my US Driving license on May 2004, but I had Indian Driving license from 2000 :) .

-Pavan.

pnyklr 07-15-2005 08:37 PM

I have had a clean license for 3 years, but they still rate me on the accidents until my renewal date in february (big scam if you ask me) Im going to be 35 in November .. Progressive told me it will only be about a little less if I stay clean until February ?

Also remember the $3500 is for two cars my 93 Tbird with liability and the SVX with Comp $500 deductible. I'm going to start shopping in August when one of my 2002 tickets comes off of my insurance .

I would love to get the insurance in the $2000 a year range, but I doubt it will happen in NYC area with 2 cars

ensteele 07-15-2005 08:55 PM

I have Farmers Insurance for everything. :)

dannmarr 07-17-2005 08:51 AM

Clean record for 20 years, Allstate insurance, full coverage up to 300,000 dollars, I pay only 750 dollars a year!

immortal_suby 07-17-2005 09:34 AM

$2400/ yr from GMAC insurance - full coverage with rental, towing, glass, etc. on both svx's and the forester XT for 2 drivers.

benebob 07-17-2005 09:49 AM

Full tort 300k stackable, 10k medical, 30 year old, SVX has glass but no comprehensive (as it doesn't make sense to me since they don't pay what it is worth anyways), XT6 no comp, f-250 full business coverage $250 deducts, 03 Leg GT full $250 deducts. Total cost for me and my wife for a year is $1200 a year through liberty mutual. Not the cheapest but they have one of the higher payouts of most companies and they of course offer a subie discount. SVX is about 230 of the cost.

subi-crosser 07-17-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Full tort 300k stackable, 10k medical, 30 year old, SVX has glass but no comprehensive (as it doesn't make sense to me since they don't pay what it is worth anyways), XT6 no comp, f-250 full business coverage $250 deducts, 03 Leg GT full $250 deducts. Total cost for me and my wife for a year is $1200 a year through liberty mutual. Not the cheapest but they have one of the higher payouts of most companies and they of course offer a subie discount. SVX is about 230 of the cost.

THE single most important thing EVERYONE that rallys, crosses or drag races their car!! THERE IS NO coverage on these cars while involved in any compitition, organized event or illegal street race!! Check your fine print!
I have been involved in doing the driving events at the Western Md Street Rod Round-up for over 20 years. I tell the guys and gals that want to compete that Their Insurance does not cover if they hit a wall or tear the car up in any way! NOR DOES OURS! If you play with your toy and break it, it comes out of YOUR OWN pocket! If they don't agree, go away!

Jerry

PS I have a record of only one car being damaged by a competitor in those 20 years, but there have been some close calls. I was solicited to do the driving events at the 4th of july , High Mt Cruize this year, and it too went off without a hitch. However, a 70 Camaro poofed his engine and a dodge-rolet p/u 'fanned' his radiator.

benebob 07-17-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
THE single most important thing EVERYONE that rallys, crosses or drag races their car!! THERE IS NO coverage on these cars while involved in any compitition, organized event or illegal street race!! Check your fine print!
I have been involved in doing the driving events at the Western Md Street Rod Round-up for over 20 years. I tell the guys and gals that want to compete that Their Insurance does not cover if they hit a wall or tear the car up in any way! NOR DOES OURS! If you play with your toy and break it, it comes out of YOUR OWN pocket! If they don't agree, go away!

Sure there's coverage, if you pay for it :D It definately isn't cheap. I'm still trying to find a place that'll cover the SVX in transport and storage that is reasonably priced. The nice thing about the SCCA is at their events they provide coverage to the particiapants. SCCA members get even more benefits. Granted this isn't for your property but rather anything or anyone you hit.

red95svx 07-18-2005 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
SVX has glass but no comprehensive (as it doesn't make sense to me since they don't pay what it is worth anyways.

I'd rather get something than nothing:)

Dave