The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   svxfiles absence (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64820)

svxcess 03-23-2019 12:17 AM

svxfiles absence

I am posting this for Tom Krynock "svxfiles" since he currently has no electricity due to a garage fire earlier this week, the local authorities turned off his power and locked the meter. Once he arranges to have an electrician inspect all the wiring, he can get it turned back on, assuming there are no other repairs needed.

No cars were in the garage. The fire was actually minimal, but burning plastic produced a lot of smoke. No pictures yet.

Diana was also trying to get a hold of an old friend of Tom's, who's a retired electrician, to see if he can come down and look at the wiring and/or find a local electrician through his friend, Jerry Wilson "subicrosser"

RedLionSVX 03-23-2019 09:35 PM

Re: svxfiles absence

Thank God everyone is ok. Best wishes to all and hope that insurance covers quickly.

ensteele 04-17-2019 01:57 PM

If Tom didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all. :( :(

Matthewmongan 09-06-2019 02:34 PM

Hey, folks. Could someone pm me his contact info? My number for him is out of date.

svxcess 09-07-2019 02:29 AM

Tom has been living off the grid for about 4 months now. Still at his house in Wiley Ford with minimum access to the outside world. Using solar power and generators to get him through. Has no car insurance or running vehicles and walks or uses a bicycle for getting around.

He posted on Facebook a couple of months ago with a phone number which was out of service.

I called Diana earlier this week to check on him. I asked if Tom had ever gotten a new phone. Told her I worry about him a lot and have been getting PM’s asking about him. She replied and said:

“John, you don't even want to know.

Tom is currently in UPMC Presbyterian Hospital here in Pittsburgh. He was walking across a train trestle near Cumberland at night. He slipped and fell through a hole about 30 feet to the rocks below and now has a fractured left femur and right tibia. Cumberland Hospital called me yesterday morning to tell me that he was being medevac'ed to Pittsburgh because they couldn't help him down there.

I guess he won't be going anywhere for a while. And no, he never got another phone. The phone number for his hospital room is 412-802-3691 but I don't know if he can even reach to answer the phone.

Both his legs are bandaged or in casts from thigh to toes; I don't know if he's had surgery or not yet. I haven't called the hospital, but I went to see him after work yesterday.

Not sure how much more of this I can take...

Di”

I think he has had his surgeries by now but not sure when or if he has been released or where to.

Subaru oldtimer 09-08-2019 05:36 PM

I don't know Tom nor ever met him, but I do wish him a speedy recovery.

Sean486 09-08-2019 07:17 PM

It is disturbing that he seems to be his own worst enemy these days. I wish him the best and hope better days ahead

Cotton 09-08-2019 08:00 PM

That is terrible news. He was a gentleman when I spoke to him in Reading for hours. I hope he recovers.

Huskymaniac 09-09-2019 08:23 PM

I honestly think he needs to be treated for depression.