The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anyone up for dinner? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7220)

WestCoastSVX 11-26-2002 03:06 PM

Anyone up for dinner?

Just throwing out an idea, seeing if anyone will bite (pun intended). :D

I believe we are now officially in "the holidays" and everybody is sure to be a bit more busy than usual. But it could be fun to get together for something small for those of us that are "local" (i.e. Puget Sound area, which lately seems to be the only ones posting here anyway).

I wasn't thinking anything to big since we just did a tour and another big event is in the works for later this winter. Maybe just whoever is interested could get together somewhere in the middle for dinner and hang out a couple hours. Seems like we have more to talk about than we have time for at our big meets so I'm sure some nice face to face conversation would be nice.

Any interest, ideas, etc?

ensteele 11-26-2002 04:41 PM

When were you thinking of? Have you ever been to Todai? It is a seafood and sushi bar. It is $22.00, but all you can eat. It has crab legs, BBQ Salmon, desert bar, salad bar, fruit bar, crepe bar, etc., etc. That may be a little spendy for some folks. Just a thought. :)

WestCoastSVX 11-27-2002 01:36 PM

All you can eat seafood..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

You're right, that is a bit expensive but sounds good. We'll have to see if there is any more interest and what their ideas may be. I'm thinking most are already checked out for the Thanksgiving weekend.

Aredubjay 11-27-2002 03:36 PM

Hey, I'm up for dinner. Will you guys deliver? :D

Have fun, you guys, and, Happy Thanksgiving.

LarryIII 11-27-2002 05:46 PM

I'm always ready for a good meal.
Who's bringing the Italian pastry.

ensteele 11-27-2002 10:24 PM

"I'm always ready for a good meal. Who's bringing the Italian pastry."

I know someone who is from Wilmington, DE, and would be happy to deliver. He says that he knows all of the good places to get good food!!! Oh, and for the dinner entertainment - he is also a famous Sex symbol - maybe he will strut his stuff. :eek: :o :p

Alycone 11-27-2002 10:25 PM

I'm up for dinner, seafood sounds good, where's the restaurant?

WestCoastSVX 11-29-2002 10:10 AM

I was wondering the same thing. :) I just discovered there is one of those Todai places here at Redmond Town Center, but I'm assuming there might be others that Earl speaks of? :D

ensteele 11-29-2002 11:35 AM

There is only one North of Portland which is in the Redmond Town Center. You found it Troy! :) You either need to get there real early, or about 8:00 or a little earlier. That way the crowds seem to die down. Ooops that didn't sound too good. LOL :cool:

WestCoastSVX 11-29-2002 01:56 PM

Wow another WA exclusive for RTC! They also have the only Ruby's Diner and Fatburger north of CA here. Weird. I was curious about Todai as every time I drive by there at night there are crowds of people flowing out onto the sidewalk. Now I know! :) And knowing is half the battle!

I_Alcyone_I 11-29-2002 02:36 PM

is this a 21 and older?

ensteele 11-29-2002 11:18 PM

NO, it is for the whole family - all ages. If you like seafood and/or sushi, you will come out of the place not needing to eat for a couple of days. It is very good. :)

PS It is free on your birthday, but you have to show ID and prove it.

WestCoastSVX 12-02-2002 09:36 AM

Anyone's birthday coming up this month? :D

I'm up for this and since it is a mile from my apt. (Hey, Earl came up with this not me! :D ) I could probably make it just about any time (aside from a couple days where things are going on). How's people's schedules looking?

ensteele 12-02-2002 05:49 PM

Troy - you asked if anyone was up for dinner. My Bday is the 3rd, but I will be at a conference and could not make it on that night. Booooooo The one night I get a free meal, and I'm someplace else. Oh well. :D

WestCoastSVX 12-03-2002 11:30 AM

How about next Friday, the 13th? :D

We could go for the later time (I think around 8 was mentioned for the crowds), that way traffic would have died down.

Saturday the 14th might work too, though I think there may be more Christmas shoppers crowding the mall and one member indicated that Friday would be better. But open to any ideas....

I do think anything past next weekend though might be getting too close to everyone's very busy time.