The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   idler tensioner pulley (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58947)

Gamesy 01-02-2012 01:32 PM

idler tensioner pulley

I called the local subaru dealership for a idler tensioner pulley and he said it was gonna cost $151 is it me or is that a little too high for a pulley?

also what other cars does that one share with?

subaruparts.com lists it as $40 for it.

btw is there still that discount code going on?

dcarrb 01-03-2012 04:40 AM

Re: idler tensioner pulley

Which pulley are you talking about?

I've recently purchased two AC belt idler pulleys; cost was $50-something each, shipped from subaruparts.com. They were in stock so I'd guess there are multiple applications.

dcb

svxcess 01-03-2012 06:31 AM

The idler tensioner pulley for the A/C system is located on the bracket on the front of the engine on the right side. The PN is 73015PA000 /Pulley Ay / $51.26

The power steering pulley which had the tension screw adjustment for the P/S and alternator is 34413PA001 /Idle Pully Assy /$43.55

Gamesy 01-03-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 694163)
The idler tensioner pulley for the A/C system is located on the bracket on the front of the engine on the right side. The PN is 3015PA000 /Pulley Ay / $46.52

The power steering pulley which had the tension screw adjustment for the P/S and alternator is 34413PA001 /Idle Pully Assy /$41.90

ya i called back the guy was thinking timing belt.... dumbass, unfortunately its still cheaper to get it locally then to get it from subaru parts.com just cause of the shipping and possible customs

Gamesy 01-03-2012 11:20 AM

do any other subys share the same one?

Crazy_pilot 01-03-2012 11:45 AM

Is the pulley scrap or just the bearing? If it's just the bearing you can knock it out with a socket (remove the snap ring first), bring it to a bearing store and get a new one for like $10. That's what I did! Took less time than waiting to Subaru to get a pulley in too.

Gamesy 01-03-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 694185)
Is the pulley scrap or just the bearing? If it's just the bearing you can knock it out with a socket (remove the snap ring first), bring it to a bearing store and get a new one for like $10. That's what I did! Took less time than waiting to Subaru to get a pulley in too.

we talking about the same pulley here?
mine apparently is a balanced pulley, i tried knocking it out but i cant, there's actually a plate on it thats riveted and that will need to come off to get the bearing out

Crazy_pilot 01-03-2012 12:34 PM

Ah, maybe not... Can't remember if it was the A/C idler or the alternator and P/S belt.

aust92pearl 01-04-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 694189)
we talking about the same pulley here?
mine apparently is a balanced pulley, i tried knocking it out but i cant, there's actually a plate on it thats riveted and that will need to come off to get the bearing out

my dad drilled out those rivets and replaced the bearing on that pulley in my pearlie #1 he used some steel rod and mushroomed it over to replace the rivets
the bearing in that was almost seized and he had a correct size bearing in his inventory (hes a welder/fabricator/diesel mech at a boat repair slipway
cant actually remember the bearing size but i think its fairly common

92 SVX 04-11-2012 02:47 PM

Hey does anyone know if a wrx has the same
Quote:

The power steering pulley which had the tension screw adjustment for the P/S and alternator is 34413PA001 /Idle Pully Assy /$41.90
I am looking for something local quickly I know a few wrx and sti guys that may have one.