The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My SVX was just totaled by a plow!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17267)

Wiz 03-17-2004 09:33 AM

My SVX was just totaled by a plow!!!

I was about to pull into a parking space and he was 30ft in front of me. He threw it in reverse before looking and backed up so fast I had no time to react. He drove up over my hood and into my windshield on the driver side. I was in the car at the time. I was told I'm very lucky. The car saved my life. It would have been very easy for that plow to simply crush most cars. His bumper was on my roof. Pics will come in time. But I was told by the people flat bedding it away it was totaled. There was coolant all over the ground. I walked away from this one with a few cuts from the shower of glass shards I was in. I'm will soon be in the market for another SVX. I refuse to buy anything else. That car saved me and that says a lot about it. I'm still in shock as this just happened 2 hours ago. :( My poor car, it served me well for the 6 or so months I had it. RIP.

shoden 03-17-2004 09:53 AM

:eek: Holy crap! Glad to hear you're okay. Something tells me you won't have a problem getting insurance money to buy your next SVX...

mohrds 03-17-2004 09:55 AM

So sorry to hear it. Glad you are OK. The car can be replaced, you can't.

Doug

Wiz 03-17-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shoden
:eek: Holy crap! Glad to hear you're okay. Something tells me you won't have a problem getting insurance money to buy your next SVX...
That and I might sue. He was driving a regualr pickup with a plow on it. No flashing lights which a commercial plow has to have. And he had perfect visibility. **** his visibity is proablly better than what we have in our cars, at least when it comes to looking behind.

Also since I have a computer repair business with paying clients this is going to hamper my job a lot. I can't get to my clients now.

The guy did not even say he was sorry. He just got me out of my car and said he did not see me. Thats it. What a jerk.

The most ironic thing about all this is this was one of my major fears, is having a big truck/suv go over and crush my car. I've always had an uneasy feeling around big truck.

Darksied-X 03-17-2004 10:17 AM

Damn Wiz, I'm really sorry to hear about that.:( Sounds like a typical Maine plow driver to me though.:mad: I'll gladly keep my eyes open for a new one for you. In fact, Charlie's Subaru in Augusta has one on their lot right now. I can stop and take a look at it tomorrow night for you, if you want me to.

Wiz 03-17-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darksied-X
Damn Wiz, I'm really sorry to hear about that.:( Sounds like a typical Maine plow driver to me though.:mad: I'll gladly keep my eyes open for a new one for you. In fact, Charlie's Subaru in Augusta has one on their lot right now. I can stop and take a look at it tomorrow night for you, if you want me to.
Please do if you have the time. I'l looking for another LSi 94-95 would be prefered due to OBDII in the new ones and more tranny problems and no dual air bags in the 92's.

Wiz 03-17-2004 10:25 AM

Pics

1 Attachment(s)
pic 1

Wiz 03-17-2004 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pic 2
You can see under the car I'm leaking anti-freeze. Must have been some nasty damage under the hood that I never saw.

Wiz 03-17-2004 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pic 3

Darksied-X 03-17-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wiz
Please do if you have the time. I'l looking for another LSi 94-95 would be prefered due to OBDII in the new ones and more tranny problems and no dual air bags in the 92's.
Hey, don't worry about it at all, I'd be all to happy to help a friend any way I can. The one in Augusta was either a '92 or '94 (I can't remember which), and they were asking $6K. I'll stop in on my way home tomorrow night. There were also a couple in Uncle Henrys last week, I'll see if I can find them and I'll PM you the info. Just let me know if you need anything else.

WestCoastSVX 03-17-2004 10:46 AM

Wow sorry to hear that, and so sorry to see those pics too! :(

The important thing though is the car did do one of the things it was designed to do - save your life. Glad to hear you are all in one piece.

Wiz 03-17-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darksied-X

Hey, don't worry about it at all, I'd be all to happy to help a friend any way I can. The one in Augusta was either a '92 or '94 (I can't remember which), and they were asking $6K. I'll stop in on my way home tomorrow night. There were also a couple in Uncle Henrys last week, I'll see if I can find them and I'll PM you the info. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, I looked in uncle henrys and the only one is a 92 that costs $7000.

mbtoloczko 03-17-2004 10:59 AM

Bummer! Glad you're ok. I hope you find another SVX that's at least as nice as the one you had.

ensteele 03-17-2004 11:05 AM

Wow, that is a real bum deal. I am so sorry to hear that. I am glad to hear you are ok. It may have been different in another car. Good luck on your search for another one. :)

SHISVX 03-17-2004 11:08 AM

that is horrible, what a complete and utter a$$H0le

that really suck :(

Kelli