The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   airbags (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8242)

249SVX 01-17-2003 01:08 AM

airbags

smell horrible.:( And I cried for 15 minutes straight, like a baby. That's all i'm saying. Thankyou for your time.:(

Uncamitzi 01-17-2003 09:41 AM

Uh oh...

I hope you were just crying out of saddness.... Hope you are ok...Care to share the details?:eek:

249SVX 01-17-2003 11:47 AM

It's like this...

Last night I got laidoff from work(hopefully for just a short time) so I wnet for a little drive after work to clear my head and think a little. Well, I was making the turn to go home(2 miles from my house) and the car just refused to turn, it went straight, over an embankment, hitting some big a$$ed rocks, going airborne for half a second and then stopping when it hit a tree stump about 1 foot in diameter and 10" high, which is what caused the airbag to deploy. Shortly after the bag went off, the window was down and I was gasping for air. Them things suck! but I'm glad that it worked, now I don't have to worry about it being too old to deploy. I just hope it can be fixed. The damage is pretty much in the front of the vehicle at the intake for the radiator. It didn't push anything against the motor but it's all bent to heck. But, the part that really worries me is what kind of damage the rocks did to the underside. I also hope that the flatbed crew can get it onto the truck without causeing it to fall off the edge of the embankment.
I'll tell you what, I really didn't need this.:(

mattski 01-17-2003 01:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I can kind of imagine how you feel as I totaled two Legacys over the holidays. However, neither of them was irreplacable like my SVX. Hope you are right about being able to fix it with body work being as expensive as it is.

Matt

SHISVX 01-17-2003 01:28 PM

oh man...that really sucks, i am so sorry to hear...i am checking out something for you that might help...a new steering wheel

Kelli

double0bondo 01-17-2003 01:43 PM

ouch!!

oh no, your svx might be totaled....sorry to say, good luck though

double0bondo 01-17-2003 01:45 PM

truth be told...

actually, a car is REALLY never totaled, it just depends on how much loot you want to put into it...if you have full coverage, they may total it, but you could always buy it back from the company, and save yourself some money and have it fixed, if no insu...then lets find you some used parts....I hate to see another svx scrapped... :(

Earthworm 01-17-2003 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
i am checking out something for you that might help...a new steering wheel
how about some new underwear! yikes! Sorry to hear. Keep looking for the (liquid) silver lining.

Strictly Subaru 01-17-2003 11:11 PM

If your looking for a new air-bag system for your car, I have a complete system for sale. (air-bag, impact sensors, computer) Just to let you know. Hope it can be fixed, like the above post said, "I hate to see another SVX totalled..." oh, and the colour is grey, and it came from a 92. Let me know if I can be of assistance... Thanks. :)

249SVX 01-18-2003 05:07 PM

Thanks for the support guys.:)
I should be able to find out what's going on on monday.