The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bearing #s for ac compressor (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39687)

benebob 07-05-2007 05:59 PM

Bearing #s for ac compressor

Anybody got 'em my bearings are starting to go and I'd rather replace the $10 bearings then buy a $200 compressor.

ensteele 07-08-2007 06:18 PM

Are you speaking of the bearings on the electric clutch/pulley, or some other ones? I have the same problem with a couple of mine. :o

SomethingElse 07-09-2007 04:58 AM

good luck finding them.:rolleyes: I need seals for 3 compressors I think what im going to have to do eventually is dissasemble them myself and call around/ check online stores with the specs. of the parts i need.

benebob 07-09-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Are you speaking of the bearings on the electric clutch/pulley, or some other ones? I have the same problem with a couple of mine. :o

Those be the ones. I don't have a spare at the moment because I'm too nice of a guy and sold it to someone in need so I'd need to take the current one apart to get the bearing size and number. The bearings are easy to find once you have the specs.

ensteele 07-09-2007 03:42 PM

I have a bad one. I will see if I can get it apart and then get the numbers. :)

SomethingElse 07-09-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Those be the ones. I don't have a spare at the moment because I'm too nice of a guy and sold it to someone in need so I'd need to take the current one apart to get the bearing size and number. The bearings are easy to find once you have the specs.

I thought you meant a/c compressor internals. :o

wawazat?? 07-10-2007 01:20 PM

I'd like to know this info too. I have a dead one that I swapped out recently. I'll scrap the dead one if the bearing isn't available.

Todd

benebob 07-10-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
I'd like to know this info too. I have a dead one that I swapped out recently. I'll scrap the dead one if the bearing isn't available.

Todd

That's funny Todd as long as its a standard bearing its available. You can walk into National Bearing and get any bearing for a Ferarri provided you know the specs or the number.

SVX JAZZ 07-12-2007 07:04 AM

What does it sound like?

My car is making a noise and I think it is coming from the compressor. Its a louder whiring sound than normal and when the revs are over 2000 rmp is sounds metalic - like a bearing going bad. Is that what yours sounds like? Thanks!

wawazat?? 07-12-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
That's funny Todd as long as its a standard bearing its available. You can walk into National Bearing and get any bearing for a Ferarri provided you know the specs or the number.

I know Ben, I was just piling on in this thread. I'll dis-assemble my dead one eventually to get the bearing out for cross-ref.

Funny story about bearings on my Dodge. After the third set of front wheel bearings failed the dealer wanted $1300 to replace them both (bearings were ~$700 of that estimate). Teh bearing is a conglomeration of bearings (2), hub with studs and mount and ABS sensor. Some research showed the assembly was made by bearing maker SKF and instead of almost $350 each at the dealership, a bearing distributor could sell me the same part (minus the Mopar box) for $118 each. As a salesman, I'm all about the margin...until it costs me that is;) :)

That said, I decided to do a part-time 4x4 conversion using real Timken roller bearings and Warn hubs for only slightly more than the factory bits:)

ensteele 07-12-2007 11:22 AM

My real problem right now is time. I will try to get to this, but if someone else gets there first, great. I will try to do this though. :)