The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   amr engineering aluminum radiator batch (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64541)

irox 02-19-2018 07:03 PM

amr engineering aluminum radiator batch

Hi,

I got am email from AMR saying they are doing anothe run of aluminum radiators for the SVX:
https://amrengineering.com/product/1...r-oem-fitment/

Thought I'd pass it a long.

I am ordering one, but having physically inspected one before.

Cheers!
Ian.

Snooze2me 02-20-2018 06:46 PM

Re: amr engineering aluminum radiator batch

I also saw a notice that they're producing some again. They look well built and I could spend more for less. Order sent..... Happy car ahead.

Sean486 02-20-2018 07:14 PM

Might sign up if I have any money left after my latest project.

shotgunslade 02-22-2018 06:15 PM

How is their customer service and delivery time these days? Once upon a time they both sucked.

irox 02-22-2018 09:18 PM

I have their coil overs (purchased directly from them ~2 years ago). They gave me pretty good service, turn around time was about 3-4 weeks. I know there is was a lot of negative feedback about them a few years back. I would like to think they got over those issues, although I only have one data point which is two years old.

Not a lot of places making higher end after market parts for our cars, so I'm grateful for that. Hopefully they will do good for their customers.

Cheers!
Ian.

shotgunslade 02-23-2018 07:08 AM

How are their coil overs, and how was the install? Thinking of getting them for my ‘95

92 SVX 02-23-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunslade (Post 748216)
How is their customer service and delivery time these days? Once upon a time they both sucked.

customer service is meh, could be better, but it could be worse too. the turn around time is good, but this is because they have already R&D'd the radiator when so many were complaining they were just getting things set up, they sent 3 test fit radiators out I got the first one, it was close but not perfect it took them 9 months to redo and send a second, then third, unit out for fitment. now its all done and they just churn out the batch and send it to the customer. so it should be just a couple of weeks turn around time now

Dr. Spaceman 02-23-2018 02:25 PM

I wonder if each rad will come with a pre-shipment DVD lecture about how much customers "suck", and, how they have "no idea what it is like to run a business like his." He had the script down to a fine art the last time.

After he took all that money for those rads, and, had people sitting around waiting, he buggered off on a vacation. When customers were upset that they had to wait an unreasonable amount of time, and then found out he was on vacation, he had the gall to lash out at them, the people paying for him to lay on a beach, while their cars were laid up in their garages. I recall one of his talking points being that SVX rads were a "small" and "unprofitable" segment of his business, therefore SVX owners were on the back burner, behind his bigger, more profitable projects, and, his vacations, even though they had already paid.

He isn't a serious businessman. He makes the decision to offer a product to a "small" segment of the market, takes the money for it, and then leaves the people to swing in the wind. Then blames the customers when they expect to be treated the same as any other customer. He likes the money, and, being "the boss", but, the people who pay for it all, and, who he has to answer to, are just an inconvenience to him. When the heat gets turned up on him, he turns on his customers, lectures them about how tough it is, how they "don't have a clue", and, how he has bigger fish to fry.

I, for one, will never add to his burdens, by troubling him with any of my money.

Blacky 02-23-2018 07:51 PM

Here we go again...:rolleyes:

CraigJ 02-24-2018 10:47 AM

wow,

I just found this thread. I found this product on my own a while ago, and ordered it (original had started leaking) so I got one of these in my svx.

It's been working great, and was the least expensive option I could find at the time. Not having the plastic topper means you have to be very cognizant of the fact that it is HOT, but I'm glad they were in production when I needed one.

I'd buy another radiator from amr if I needed one. But as I usually drive corvairs... that probably won't be an issue :)

;)

theflystyle 02-24-2018 01:42 PM

I was on the original group buy. I am only speaking to the radiator itself and wont go into anything else but it fit as expected and it has been working great since.

Cotton 02-24-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Spaceman (Post 748220)
I wonder if each rad will come with a pre-shipment DVD lecture about how much customers "suck", and, how they have "no idea what it is like to run a business like his." He had the script down to a fine art the last time.

After he took all that money for those rads, and, had people sitting around waiting, he buggered off on a vacation. When customers were upset that they had to wait an unreasonable amount of time, and then found out he was on vacation, he had the gall to lash out at them, the people paying for him to lay on a beach, while their cars were laid up in their garages. I recall one of his talking points being that SVX rads were a "small" and "unprofitable" segment of his business, therefore SVX owners were on the back burner, behind his bigger, more profitable projects, and, his vacations, even though they had already paid.

He isn't a serious businessman. He makes the decision to offer a product to a "small" segment of the market, takes the money for it, and then leaves the people to swing in the wind. Then blames the customers when they expect to be treated the same as any other customer. He likes the money, and, being "the boss", but, the people who pay for it all, and, who he has to answer to, are just an inconvenience to him. When the heat gets turned up on him, he turns on his customers, lectures them about how tough it is, how they "don't have a clue", and, how he has bigger fish to fry.

I, for one, will never add to his burdens, by troubling him with any of my money.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...-jpg.27923731/

Snooze2me 07-10-2018 12:09 PM

Shoulda known.....no radiator, no responses from amr. After many months of patience and giving the benefit of doubt I am requesting Paypal get involved and get my monies refunded. I'm sure he can build a good product but when your customer relations skills are a big zero, you would struggle with a paper route!

Blacky 07-10-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooze2me (Post 748981)
Shoulda known.....no radiator, no responses from amr. After many months of patience and giving the benefit of doubt I am requesting Paypal get involved and get my monies refunded. I'm sure he can build a good product but when your customer relations skills are a big zero, you would struggle with a paper route!

If you paid in February, it's way past the deadline for Paypal to help you. You're on your own. Be patient and hope for the best.

Snooze2me 07-14-2018 12:43 AM

I'm fortunate to be inside the protection "window" and Paypal has opened a claim. Should be fairly straightforward but do have to wait til close of business 7/20 to see if a reply from the vendor appears. It will be resolved, just a disappointment.