The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone notice Avengers look kinda like SVXs from the back? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5457)

Ca$h 08-19-2002 09:13 AM

Anyone notice Avengers look kinda like SVXs from the back?

No, seriously. Aside from the curvy bumper with the fake air vent things, Avengers have thin taillights mounted way up high with two clear spots for the reverse lights just like SVXs. Not that I'm suggesting anything, I've just been thinking about SVXs and walked by an Avenger and sorta did a double take.

- Ca$h

Earthworm 08-19-2002 09:19 AM

Yeah a bit. I've also mistaken certain model Probes for SVX's at a distance as well as at night.

Too much SVX on the brain :D

Ca$h 08-19-2002 09:59 AM

no crap. I've had dreams of them lately. :eek:

- Ca$h

immortal_suby 08-19-2002 04:27 PM

On the way home from the 10th anny meet I saw at least 15 cars that I came up on and thought were svx's. I hate to admit it but at night it is pretty easy to come up on some probes and think they will be an svx.

I_Alcyone_I 08-19-2002 06:18 PM

I often mistake the mid 90's eclipse's for an svx coming up on them in day or night. Or even at a quick glance. Most of the time its just the white ones with black roof that look similar.

solarsvx 08-19-2002 07:08 PM

i agree, its only the talons u mix them up the 2 tone ,, black roofs confuse,. me,

richardc_51 08-19-2002 08:02 PM

Yeah, the Probe is a head turner for me, too. I always liked the looks of that car then got a better looking one when I got the SVX. But, at a glance, the Probes look similar, especially from the rear.

Richard

Green1995SVX 08-19-2002 10:31 PM

I followed an Alfa Romeo 164S on my way home from work the other day. The tail lights on those things are identical to ours. Check one out sometime. (wonderful cars in general)

-Mike

Jamsvx 08-19-2002 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I followed an Alfa Romeo 164S on my way home from work the other day. The tail lights on those things are identical to ours. Check one out sometime. (wonderful cars in general)

-Mike

YOu beat me to it!! They do look identical!!

The front of the Nissan S13 Silvia and the SVX are also very similar.

*James would see a similarity to an SVX in anything...clouds, grass, grains of sand!*

:D

Seraph 08-19-2002 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx

*James would see a similarity to an SVX in anything...clouds, grass, grains of sand!*
:D

How about a car in your garage? How is that hunt for SVX coming mate?

-L

Jamsvx 08-20-2002 12:16 AM

Very very close....but a slight problem with my bank - max of 5 year old car for finance - the one I am *holds finger a mm apart* intent on is 10 years old.

If they say no, back to square one.

If not......*explodes* vrroom vrroom!!

I'll know within a day or so.....*crossing fingers!*

James

alacrity024 08-20-2002 07:13 AM

On the way to work, there's a Saab always parked in a parking lot with a continuous strip of rear lights that always makes me do a little double-take.

On a slightly different note, I pulled up next to a car at the stoplight the other day. It looked sorta like one of those newer Caddy's... low-slung, long, thin, kinda square-ish..... It was painted sort of a golden-white, had a black top (could've been droptop of just soft-top) and wore a "pininfarina" badge on the front quarter-panel. It was pretty nice, but I really have no idea what the hell it was.. anyone?

-adam

Green1995SVX 08-20-2002 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx

The front of the Nissan S13 Silvia and the SVX are also very similar.

Some kid asked me if my car was a Silvia the other day when I was putting gas in it. Someone should tell him they didnt sell those here. :D

-Mike

Ca$h 08-20-2002 10:37 AM

Not according to the "fast and the furious" retards.
Hell, they even think they have civic type Rs.

- Ca$h

I_Alcyone_I 08-20-2002 05:50 PM

well if you can buy it in gran turismo you must be able to buy it in the US................